Inconsistent fuel prices across the city

Henri

I filled up with petrol at City rd £1.09.9 a couple of weeks ago & drove to Flamborough for the day out, now there is one petrol station in the village (ESSO) & they were charging 1.35 a litre how can they justify charging them prices?

They don't have to justify it. They can charge exactly what they like, could be £5 per litre. Nobody is forced to buy it.

I filled up with petrol at City rd £1.09.9 a couple of weeks ago & drove to Flamborough for the day out, now there is one petrol station in the village (ESSO) & they were charging 1.35 a litre how can they justify charging them prices?

You've answered your own question. They charge more because it sounds like the only place to fill up within a reasonable distance.

Shops do it all the time. Co-Op have stores in loads of different small towns and charge ridiculous prices because they know people will pay it, rather than have to travel into the city.

There is your answer.

It's the same in the peak district. There are one or two sprinkled about, and the prices are huge! Simple choice, pay it or drive miles to get it cheaper. Also, I don't think there is much profit in fuel itself.

Who do they need to justify it to?