www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

Good news Maybe Neil had a spare minute to sort it out :)

And maybe Neil hasn't sorted anything out, I see no improvements on the last state.

I think people are getting mixed up here, the problem was not for people who are already registered on the site but for new members who want to join, as far as I know no one has reported joining SH recently, correct me please if i'm wrong.

I think people are getting mixed up here, the problem was not for people who are already registered on the site but for new members who want to join, as far as I know no one has reported joining SH recently, correct me please if i'm wrong.

The problem is for BOTH, the people trying to join and the existing members not being able to access other threads and maps and many other things that was once available to us. Nothing has changed for the last 8 months or so,

some members are unable to make links or post pictures, the list is on going.

:help::mad:

Barb M is correct. I have tried 3 times in the past few days to get on Sheffield History as a new member, and rejected due to site saying I answered the security question incorrectly (10+19)

It does appear that there maybe some successes with those having previous memberships.

One of the Forum members, through recent mails, apparently knows Neil, the owner of the site. Could he contact Neil and ask him to inform us through SF with a few words as to when the solution might be forthcoming ?

I have also tried to sign up but fail the security. Tried contacting, failed there too.

Ho hum.

I have been a member for some years now and have had east access over the last few weeks but today I cannot get on. It says Not Acceptable. Really annoying as I was in conversations re some searches I was doing.

Grannypat

I have been a member for some years now and have had east access over the last few weeks but today I cannot get on. It says Not Acceptable. Really annoying as I was in conversations re some searches I was doing.

Grannypat

I was on-line (as a guest) and saw your name this morning,one of three members at the time; have just checked in using my 'bookmarked' page - no problem!

If you don't already,I suggest that the next time you log-in successfully try bookmarking the Index Page as your means of accessing the site, it works for me and I am still waiting for the 'Approval' e-mail from Admin (since 17th March) before I can join in and hopefully post.

Grannypat

Think you will find that the "Not Acceptable" message you are seeing can be resolved by clearing your browsers cookies.

I've just done that and I still can't get on to SH. I logged off and then back on but it still hasn't worked. Any other ideas that I can try? I have sent Sheffield History an email via an old email they sent me in my deleted box, to tell them what has happened. Haven't heard back yet but it's early days I suppose and I can't expect instant action just for little ol' me. It's so frustrating though, isn't it?

Grannypat

I've just done that and I still can't get on to SH. I logged off and then back on but it still hasn't worked. Any other ideas that I can try? I have sent Sheffield History an email via an old email they sent me in my deleted box, to tell them what has happened. Haven't heard back yet but it's early days I suppose and I can't expect instant action just for little ol' me. It's so frustrating though, isn't it?

Grannypat

Hi grannypat, I hope you do get a reply to your e-mail though a sense of 'deja vu' hit me when I read your post.

I have twice had returned e-mails (by my service provider) even after sending to 'postmaster@sheffieldhistory' with the reply - 'smpt; 451 Temporary local problem - please try later'. One of the attempts (like yours) was using an old (Jan 2015) address sent to me by SH.

It may be a few days before you hear anything but if you know anyone who is registered with both forums try a PM to them as a means of getting through.

Best of luck! Voldy.

Grannypat

It did the same to me then after clearing my cookies it worked fine. Then I had another glitch but am back on again and now I don't log off and use a bookmarked page to get back on. It still tells me to log in but when I click on it my login details are there and it works.

Right got it sorted. You have to use a different browser. I use Google Chrome as a rule but just had a go on Internet Explorer and I'm in. I haven't a clue why this should be the case but at least we can access the site now and perhaps things will change sometime in the future.

Grannypat