www.sheffieldhistory.co.uk

Neil Hargreaves runs Owlstalk, the Wednesday fans forum, though he doesn't seem to have been posting much on there recently.

About a week ago someone said they may be able to contact the owner. Could you

please try ? I see he has had his address/phone details removed from the site information.

If Hargreaves is not doing much on the Wednesday website, I am wondering if he is in capacitated ? I would have hoped he could pass the site's day to day duties to someone else.

It sound as if there might be a health problem or something that is preventing him from administering the website. It is a shame because someone might be interested in taking it over if he would release it. The problems with the admin control panel could hopefully be sorted out. It would be such a shame to lose the information/database. If anyone does know him I hope that they will make some enquiries on behalf of all those people who are interested in the forum.

I know that the site used to be shared in some way with Sheffield Wednesday and you could never get on on Saturday night's. Since the site has been updated a lot of things don't work properly and links went missing. I posted a message on the forum this morning while an admin was on and I honestly think that they can't do anything either which is such a shame as it was a brilliant site.

I have posted a message for Neil on Owlstalk but as yet he has not replied. I know he is very busy with his other business interests. I will ask his brother to bring it to his attention.

---------- Post added 29-09-2015 at 20:56 ----------

Just heard from Neil he is going to have a look and try and sort it.

Edited by darra

Well done dara just hope that he can but he must surely have heard from the admins.

Sent him a link to this topic and told him that there seems to be a lot of interest in the site and even people willing to take it over. I know that when he first set up the site he was disappointed at the number of hits it was getting so maybe that's why he's not taken much notice of it.

Well done darra. It would be good to know what his plans for the forum are. At the moment it is a deafening silence so to speak. Even if he hasn't time to deal with the website himself, perhaps he might consider passing it on to someone who is interested and who does have the time and possibly some experience of running a forum.

Well done darra. It would be good to know what his plans for the forum are. At the moment it is a deafening silence so to speak. Even if he hasn't time to deal with the website himself, perhaps he might consider passing it on to someone who is interested and who does have the time and possibly some experience of running a forum.

He is a bit of an entrepaneur and runs quite a few sites including Owlstalk which is one of the most succesful football forums around. He's a busy bloke

If anyone gets in as a new member to Sheffieldhistory.co.uk, could you send up a mail to the Forum and advise ? I have not been able to join yet.

Thank you

just to advise any other interested parties, I have tried a few times recently to establish as a new member with Sheffieldhistory.co.uk, and not able to get past that security question of 10+19. Anyone else got in over the past few weeks ?

Afraid the deafening silence still prevails with a handful of long-established members holding the fort.

Since the end of September no new information has appeared on the site answering their own members' inquiries although a quick check of the 'site visitors' list half an hour ago showed 4 people 'Registering' (or trying?) out of 41 online.

The statistics show some 39 new topics and 230 new posts in the last five and a half weeks which I feel sure would show a welcome increase if the issue could be resolved. Is no-one interested in answering our pleas?