Blades vs Bury ..

What chance do you have when the Pope scores against you.

What chance do you have when the Pope scores against you.

Wondered why he was looking at the sky all the time ?

Leon clarke, shame he couldnt fo us any favours when he played for us.

He scored against the S2 lot for us too.

Up until their goal they had been limited to their chances, we were in charge, once they scored it was game over and they carried on to fully deserve their win.

Adkins has to take the blame. His substitutions changed the game alright, but for the worst.

He took off our 2 most effective players in JCR and Reed. While leaving the very poor Woolford on the pitch,

Him and Mceveley were dreadful.

Their second goal was an absolute beauty, Sammon (who shouldn't have been out on the left wing) didn't track his man and they took advantage.

3rd Leon Clarke pushed Mceveley in the back and it should have been a foul, but as a defender he needs to be stronger, also a tidy finish to boot from Clarke.

Overall, not good enough

As for Bury, I've never seen so many players go down feigning injury before, I think there was 6 in the first half alone.

How Clarke and Brown stayed on the pitch I'll never know, Clarke gave a punch to Freeman (albeit a soft one) and Brown did a horrendous challenge on JCR, which didn't even get a yellow from the ref when it should have been a straight red, he then proceeded to do another nasty challenge and earn a yellow.

Basham should have walked for us too after a 2 footed challenge.

The ref was absolutely dreadful and weak.

Edited by Robbie Loving

:hihi:

Lets face it... both had an off day. Think we had 14 shots, 14 corners... so not too concerned.

Well we had 13 shots so shouldn't we be concerned too?

Well we had 13 shots so shouldn't we be concerned too?

I would if we were out of the top ten at this stage of the season - with no momentum. But we're not and have a game in hand. Can't afford to have too many games like this though. And urgently need a defender.

I thought we would go on and win the game when we equalised but at the build-up of their second goal a chap sat near me was calling "don't let him shoot" and he repeated this twice after this and all the time Mcevely was along side their player who then scored with a very good shot, why he didn't tackle him I'll never know, I think Mcevely is a weak link, more often than not when he makes a pass it is backwards or sideways. He was also involved in the last goal albeit which had a large element of luck in it. I hope Bob Harris will soon be back and replaces him. A bad defeat but remember it was on the back of a 4-match winning run, we are never going to win every game.

A poor result our ground is no longer the fortress it used to be, how we come back after this will show how much character we have got.

match highlights

Shakers Shakers Rah Rah rah;)

A poor result our ground is no longer the fortress it used to be, how we come back after this will show how much character we have got.

Well I suppose only good can come of this. We did it against Gillingham and NA will know what's required. It's a process and nothing's really won or lost in August or September. Onwards and upwards. I'd rather make the niggley mistakes now then drive forward in the autumn. NA and his backroom staff have done this before; they know what to do.

A below par performance by the Blades, AGAINST A VERY VERY PHYSICAL Bury side, mixed with a Goalkeeper that had a blinder, a world class goal, and a bad ref who should be sacked on Monday.

United missed their chances but overall, no complaints. we lost and take it on the chin.

Edited by POUNDSWORTH