Capital one cup

owl.66

Winnable for us, beat em before and we can beat em again.

That said, I don't care about winning in this one, wouldn't lose no sleep what so ever if they beat us, I won't be spending any money on going either. Too much emphasis on cup last two years. Just go and get us promotion United instead.

That said, I don't care about winning in this one, wouldn't lose no sleep what so ever if they beat us, I won't be spending any money on going either. Too much emphasis on cup last two years. Just go and get us promotion United instead.

Completely agree mate. Give the young lads a chance. U21s... I'd be happy with that.

Hang on, when you were winning cup games last season they were the absolute pinnacle of football and the be all and end all (have a look back at old threads for proof).

Hang on, when you were winning cup games last season they were the absolute pinnacle of football and the be all and end all (have a look back at old threads for proof).

And opinions aren't allowed to change?

The cup runs were great. We had a couple of amazing runs over two years, we witnessed some amazing games and pulled off some cracking wins however this came at a cost.

Congested fixture lists and multiple injuries to be more precise, injuries that we are still nursing this season. We played god knows how many additional games last season due to the cups and I believe that this was instrumental in our lack of consistency in the league.

Our main objective this year has to be promotion it is as simple as that. I'm not admitting defeat to Fulham because we beat them recently and I sincerely believe that we could beat them again but I wouldn't lose any major sleep over it if we did. In regards to the F.A Cup, I hold a great deal of respect for the competition and would expect us to take it seriously however knowing the cons and strains of the additional fixtures I don't care in the slightest for the commercial cups (League Cup & JPT), they offer little financial incentive what so ever therefore simply aren't worth the extra risks and pressures.

So if you got to the quarter final/semi final would you then spend money on it?

And opinions aren't allowed to change?

The cup runs were great. We had a couple of amazing runs over two years, we witnessed some amazing games and pulled off some cracking wins however this came at a cost.

Congested fixture lists and multiple injuries to be more precise, injuries that we are still nursing this season. We played god knows how many additional games last season due to the cups and I believe that this was instrumental in our lack of consistency in the league.

Our main objective this year has to be promotion it is as simple as that. I'm not admitting defeat to Fulham because we beat them recently and I sincerely believe that we could beat them again but I wouldn't lose any major sleep over it if we did. In regards to the F.A Cup, I hold a great deal of respect for the competition and would expect us to take it seriously however knowing the cons and strains of the additional fixtures I don't care in the slightest for the commercial cups (League Cup & JPT), they offer little financial incentive what so ever therefore simply aren't worth the extra risks and pressures.

Your main objective for the last five years has been promotion but you seemed to want to bask in the glory of fruitless cup games instead, ridiculous really.

Your main objective for the last five years has been promotion but you seemed to want to bask in the glory of fruitless cup games instead, ridiculous really.

What's ridiculous is when Wednesday fans start salivating over a win against a side that's just finding their feet having been promoted and winning a league two side.

We don't need these cup runs because quite rightly we need to get out of this division. And realistically we can't focus on anything else because its an hard league. We're under no illusion.

Edited by footietalk