The Things I Miss .

On my nomadic roarings I find myself in the Moor Market got talking to a stallholder about how trade was the conversation soon turned to Castle Market . I miss Castle Market the fishy smell and that corner in meat market that always cleared even the most blocked nose. The man with football kit who brought a bit of colour , the black lady who sounded like a fog horn who sometimes stood outside the market acting like an unofficial welcoming party bless her at least she was enjoying herself. The Cannon pub where anything could be brought - for the right price, came in handy that pub and at least the Police didn't have to go far for their best customers. The Cossack where some ladies sounded more like men and wore heavy make up? The Hole in the Road and that glorious fish tank that would leave you memorized for a few hours , six lighters for a quid? Park Hill flats and its Pharaoh Ants to keep you company at night it was a one sided love affair with them flats. Niche nightclub always entertaining, funny at the time thought the music was brilliant now listening to it think it's just plain crap. Things move on but we seem to have less character now :(:)

Edited by crookedspire

Sweet shops. Norton air show. Playing all day on Wadsley Common with nobody worrying about us. Going all round the Outer Circle on the top deck of a bus for tenpence. My wonderful mum and dad. Propping up the bar, aged 12, with a pint of sarsparilla at Jack's on Langsett Road. Rowing boats in Hillsborough Park. Memories!.:)

Sweet shops. Norton air show. Playing all day on Wadsley Common with nobody worrying about us. Going all round the Outer Circle on the top deck of a bus for tenpence. My wonderful mum and dad. Propping up the bar, aged 12, with a pint of sarsparilla at Jack's on Langsett Road. Rowing boats in Hillsborough Park. Memories!.:)

I was always a Vimto man.:)

It was either a hot Vimto or a mug of Horlicks for us in a small drinks shop at Firth Park. :)

Ah!..the hot vimto at firth park. Memories of school days.

Anyone remember the name of the shop.

If it was more Page Hall way it could have been McGregors

Swimming in Millhouses baths with my Dad.

A quiet Sunday, that is no shops open, little traffic and the Sally Army Band playing on the street.

Football and cricket in the street, very few cars to worry about.

I miss most a childhood of happy memories, a loving and close knit family.

I miss the childhood of my boys, but now cherish their presence as adults !!

Friends I made at School and have never seen again.

Work and workmates - the camaraderie.

All the Cinemas that I frequented as a boy.

Happy times in the old (big) pool in Millhouses Park and also the games of football regularly played.

Last and by no means least, my late Wife.

Sunday strolls from Shiregreen to Hulley's ice cream factory in Ecclesfield.

Sunday mornings, Hearing a marching band somewhere around the Southey Green / Parson Cross area's and searching for it so we could march with the band.

It was either a hot Vimto or a mug of Horlicks for us in a small drinks shop at Firth Park. :)

was this just along from where the vets is (harrys café)