Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

If anyone is still up, the storms have moved dramatically east and Manchester is getting a real firing with torrential rain and stormy weather. It still has a real way to go and it is unlikely, but we could get some nasty electrical storms in the middle of the night afterall.

As always I'll be up and watching that radar..

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/public/weather/observation/map/gcqzxn1e5#?map=Rainfall&fcTime=1435742100&zoom=8&lon=-1.45&lat=53.38

Send that our way. Love a good storm.

Plus I'm melting right now and doubt I'll be able to sleep tonight so it'll give me something to watch. :D

Just popped my head out and looking West you can see the flashes in the sky.

It's still unlikely but the conditions are there if the atmosphere takes another slight shift East, we could have a good bit of rain and thunder here.

Yeah I'm sat looking west & can see the flashes almost constantly & really high in the sky as well.

I can see the lightening from my window in Woodseats, but no rain or anything, we didnt get any earlier either

Even though it is only 30 or so miles away the temps there are a good 7-9 degrees lower than here.

2 and a half hours ago there was no rain over the North of England at all, but a mass suddenly turned over mid-Wales and has shot up that straight and hammered Cheshire. More is turning over Wales all the time, but we'd need a shift of about 20 to 30 miles East to catch what Cheshire and Lancs have just had.

Fingers crossed!

Hope so but looks like it's pushing up north now. Shame as it's absolutely boiling tonigh, could really do with a cooling storm.

I'm at Ringinglow now watching this in the north west it's fantastic. There's huge flashes every second, it's ridiculous.

It does look amazing; I've taken the dog out for a good half hour and just watched it the whole way. Strange to see it so clear yet not hear it at all

Hope so but looks like it's pushing up north now. Shame as it's absolutely boiling tonigh, could really do with a cooling storm.

Oh it definitely is, but there's another mass forming about 45/60 minutes behind it.

It could be just as lively, but still too far West for us.

Incredible flashes of light in a single black cloud, and yet eirily quiet. It's like the early scene in War Of The Worlds!

Oh it definitely is, but there's another mass forming about 45/60 minutes behind it.

It could be just as lively, but still too far West for us.

Fingers crossed the winds change!