Extreme weather thread - Summer 2015

Hot weather in the summer isn't entirely unexpected though... I had my shorts ready for a month now, ready to go!

best get busy then posting up threads about every situation - after all everything we experience is a hazard to someone

See you in a couple of years when you've finished posting

It's alright Hyper, I've found a good balance of leaving the ambulance chasing to others on here and the hyperbolic trolling.. well that can be left to you ;)

The Met Office have now given in and put a weather alert up for severe thunderstorms on Weds, though it does look like Cumbria will get the worst of it. We have a low pressure sat right above the UK holding the warm weather above us all week. It will be cooler on Thursday for sure but the potential for very warm weather exists for the whole weekend.

---------- Post added 30-06-2015 at 15:49 ----------

PS - By cooler on Thursday I mean it will still be 20c by 10am..

It's alright Hyper, I've found a good balance of leaving the ambulance chasing to others on here and the hyperbolic trolling.. well that can be left to you ;)

The Met Office have now given in and put a weather alert up for severe thunderstorms on Weds, though it does look like Cumbria will get the worst of it. We have a low pressure sat right above the UK holding the warm weather above us all week. It will be cooler on Thursday for sure but the potential for very warm weather exists for the whole weekend.

---------- Post added 30-06-2015 at 15:49 ----------

PS - By cooler on Thursday I mean it will still be 20c by 10am..

not sure what "hyperbolic trolling2 is ???

I know the forum definition of trolling - anyone who doesn't agree 100% with a posting, but Hyperbolic?

Anyway, to please you, I'll do a bit of panicking... might get to 30 degrees and I may need a hat and sunglasses ... oo-er ... pass me a sedative.

Out of curiosity, are you a tabloid journalist?

not sure what "hyperbolic trolling2 is ???

I know the forum definition of trolling - anyone who doesn't agree 100% with a posting, but Hyperbolic?

Anyway, to please you, I'll do a bit of panicking... might get to 30 degrees and I may need a hat and sunglasses ... oo-er ... pass me a sedative.

Out of curiosity, are you a tabloid journalist?

I keep trying to use humour to stop this getting silly but clearly we have two different styles of posting. I think it's probably best to stop detracting from the point of the thread and to agree to disagree - nobody is forcing you to post on this thread afterall.

Enjoy the sun my friend :cool:

[/color]PS - By cooler on Thursday I mean it will still be 20c by 10am..

Right now it looks like midnight on Wednesday will be about 3-4 degrees hotter than Thursday afternoon...

I think I'll just stand under a cold shower all night. :hihi:

Right now it looks like midnight on Wednesday will be about 3-4 degrees hotter than Thursday afternoon...

I think I'll just stand under a cold shower all night. :hihi:

I'm playing football in this in a little while, I think I might well do the same!

Spare a thought for those working the night shift = trying yo sleep at the hottest part of the day, can't open windows because everyone else is out in their gardens mowing the lawn and generally making a noise:rant:

I suggest having an electric fan on - cooler air circulating and the 'white' noise cuts out some of the external noise

Shefielder's really are miserable...........just enjoy the sunshine!!

Sun and hot weather really doesn't agree with me. That may at least in part be because I can't sweat. My sweat glands simply don't work.

I am lucky that I have a west facing room that the sun doesn't reach till it's nearly time to set.

So that's where I retreat to, wearing just a loose cotton housecoat. My bedroom also faces that way so nights remain cool.

I always read and appreciate Twirler's threads.

Shefielder's really are miserable...........just enjoy the sunshine!!

Hot, crowded, smelly commuter trains; 23°C before 8 am; sweaty, smelly commuters masking the sweat and smell with copious amounts of Lynx; amplified pollution; super high pollen count; overheated workplaces; buttoned-up business attire... what's not to like?

Give me a shady Scottish beach, a coastal breeze, my own deep rockpool and a bottle of something cold and I'll certainly enjoy the sunshine. Midweek in an overstuffed and baking city? Not so much.

The same sort of people who go on holiday to Italy and eat egg & chips for a week.