Buckingham Palace to get 150 million paint job

Without someone stating how the economy of the North is benefitting from tourism in London,then based upon the comments of RickyM let London face the bill.I feel good with that.

Surprised no one from the job section on here has put in a lower quote!

It is reported that The Queen and Phillip are to have their house decorated at a cost of 150 million quid.

Its been incorrectly reported then. Its not decoration, but significant maintenance work, including plumbing re-wiring and removal of asbestos.

Its been incorrectly reported then. Its not decoration, but significant maintenance work, including plumbing re-wiring and removal of asbestos.

That's what I'd read too. Heating/plumbing, rewire and so on.

Still a huge amount of money.

It is a rather large building though...

It is a rather large building though...

I was going to add that it's not the same job as a 2 bed semi :hihi:

I can see peoples concerns and anger about where the money is coming from.

I disagree with a 'royal family' as much as any other sane person but the British monarchy, the buildings associated with them and the romanticism bring in millions in tourism. Who the hell would visit London without them. It's crap

The same tourists who visit France and the Palace of Versailles and their Royalty were guillotined centuries ago!

The same as the pyramids in Egypt. People don't go to see the Kings, they go yo see the buildings.

Edited by poppet2

I wonder how much Versaille costs to maintain? As for Betty, she can have a flat in the grounds somewhere surely?

No other state building is occupied by a family that we haven't voted for.

I dont recall voting on all those people in council houses yet I'm happy for them to occupy these state provided buildings....

It is reported that The Queen and Phillip are to have their house decorated at a cost of 150 million quid.

It seems as though we will be footing the bill, this while on the streets we have homeless folk as well as bedroom tax on council homes ,

The queen is also seeking a 6% pay rise as she is finding it difficult to manage on the old age pension despite her own wealth being in 100 million pounds area.

She also gets an income from the crown estates that runs into millions per year.

I am going to ring the council up to see if they will white wash our bog:hihi:

You not seen what our "elected" leaders are spending on doing up their gaff and wage increase then?

---------- Post added 24-06-2015 at 15:03 ----------

As a Republican I'm not surprised that the royals are wasting money on non-jobs whilst the proletariat suffer the enduring impacts of cuts to services and living standards.

Brought about by a government full of non-jobs

---------- Post added 24-06-2015 at 15:04 ----------

Only we can't sleep there so why should we pay for it?

Can you sleep in No 10 Downing Street?

---------- Post added 24-06-2015 at 15:06 ----------

MUCH cheaper than to porposed bill for the HoP, mind i suspect most of the HoP bill is going on MP's expenses

The HoP bill could be lower if they'd move out, but they won't They certainly won't leave their precious London.

I dont recall voting on all those people in council houses yet I'm happy for them to occupy these state provided buildings....

As I said in response to another user's comment - Tenants in council houses in receipt of Housing Benefit don't have a constitutional role!!!!