Gridlock in Sheffield today (5/6/2015)

The burst water main is on Glossop Road but theres been reports of really busy roads all over the place.

Its just said on Radio Sheffield that the Police have confirmed the roads are busier than usual, they dont know why but arent putting it all down to the water main :confused:

The burst water main is on Glossop Road but theres been reports of really busy roads all over the place.

Its just said on Radio Sheffield that the Police have confirmed the roads are busier than usual, they dont know why but arent putting it all down to the water main :confused:

Absolutely gridlocked might be another way to describe it.

Commute (A57>Jct 31>Jct 34>Brightside Lane) was completely pain-free this morning, for a change.

No queueing or even slowing down around the M18 joining north.

08:30 time.

:huh:

I reckon everyone (else :D) is just hungover after enjoying yesterday's/last night's weather and drinking outside, and finding excuses for rocking up to work late :D

Edited by L00b

Commute (A57>Jct 31>Jct 34>Brightside Lane) was completely pain-free this morning, for a change.

No queueing or even slowing down around the M18 joining north.

08:30 time.

:huh:

I reckon everyone (else :D) is just hungover after enjoying yesterday's/last night's weather and drinking outside, and finding excuses for rocking up to work late :D

Bus lane on my bike down Ecclesall Road, past the line of traffic, under the roundabout at the bottom, then bike path/bus lane to work - no gridlock for me :)

I'm pretty sure it's just the burst water main. I got a bus this morning and it was bad from around Millhouses Park. Chaos as a result of people who'd normally turn left from the ring road onto Glossop Road being unable to, was backing up round the ring road and all that way up Abbeydale Road. No doubt more of the ring road and many arterial routes were affected to.

What's frustrating is that the water main on Glossop Road bursts very often, or else is being dug up in order to attempt to prevent it happening. It would be really nice if they were able to get the job done properly (and the section under the railway bridge on Little London Road too).

If you look at Apple or Google maps on your phone you can see where the congestion is in real time. Sheffield at 11.15am had loads of red on both maps map indicating slow traffic.

Live traffic delays being displays on your phone maps is very handy and pretty accurate too from my testing.

If you look at Apple or Google maps on your phone you can see where the congestion is in real time. Sheffield at 11.15am had loads of red on both maps map indicating slow traffic.

Live traffic delays being displays on your phone maps is very handy and pretty accurate too from my testing.

That'll be the day, people actually using smart phones for what they were designed to do, instead of having their noses stuck into Facebook and checking whats going off around them...