New Netto open on Queens Rd

Excellent news good the hear Netto hasn't changed too much.

To answer the OPs question...June 25th.

Do they still do Scotsmac? :D

I wouldn't bother going. They were crap. I went to the one at Lane Top as a one-off and all the branded goods I bought were the same price as Tesco on West Street. The own labels weren't too bad though.

I do a lot of my shopping at the market and Iceland on the Moor now.

Hi, I am really happy as a new Netto has just opened on Queens Road. The products seem good value. What do you all think of the products and prices? What do you all buy there? I like the Yoghurts and cakes.:)

Hi, I am really happy as a new Netto has just opened on Queens Road. The products seem good value. What do you all think of the products and prices? What do you all buy there? I like the Yoghurts and cakes.:)

I've been in the Kilner Way one a few times. It's nice and tidy and has most things you need. Bit dearer than Aldi though.

Went into netto at Kilner Way yesterday. Asked a member of staff a question but she didn't hear me properly. Instead of saying 'pardon' or 'excuse me' or 'sorry' she grunted at me. I looked at her with disgust and walked out. What a miserable sod she was, no smile, nothing. Think I'll go elsewhere ??

Sorry chocki, but that's the price you pay ('scuse the pun) for low prices.

Don't let that put you off future visits, if there's bargains to be had.

Really, I've been treated worse in posher shops than Netto.

It seems Netto gave up on the UK just before the economic crisis hit, if they'd stuck around a year or two longer they'd have been in clover. Aldi & Lidl filled thehole Netto left, whilst laughing all the way to the bank.

True.

When Netto left the UK, our economy was doing well, and ordinary working class folk shunned the discount supermarkets of Lidl, Aldi and Netto out of pure snobbery, for the posher likes of Waitrose and the other big supermarkets.

Fast forward to the present day, when the same ordinary working class folk have now lost their jobs and had their benefits stopped, and are now forced to burn their furniture to keep warm, rely on foodbanks to eat, and steal clothes from charity collection bins, they're unashamedly going back to these discount stores, desperatley trying to convince us the quality is just as good. Yeah, right :hihi:

---------- Post added 05-07-2015 at 10:09 ----------

[/color]

I went there. Thought it was good, but it's very out of my way so probably won't go again. We use Sainsburys and Lidl a lot.]
Edited by spilldig

I went last week with a £5 off voucher. Filled the freezer up with meat. Bought a couple of steaks from there and they were the nices steaks i've ever had from a supermarket (the cook took credit for how good they tasted ;) )

And 500g of 5% fat mince for £1.09 - you can't go wrong

Its a pity they don't open again at Manor Top in the now closed Tesco premises.

Have to agree with Tomtom66 about Aldi and Lidle as well.

Its a pity they don't open again at Manor Top in the now closed Tesco premises.

One of the rumours going around about the old Tescos on Woodseats is that it's going to be a Netto. Having said that, it's one of many, many rumours :hihi:

Wasn't impressed at all by Netto on Kilner Way, didn't have a lot of stuff and we came away we half of what we usually get. Went to Lidl yesterday and that was rubbish too, big gaps on shelves, very messy indeed.