Rail strike on the cards

I don't think that's an unfair thing. A strike is much more important to a worker than an election, your job, livelihood could be on the line. The union make the effort to give every member a ballot paper and SAE, it takes just second to do. Why wouldn't you bother?

I don't think that's an unfair thing. A strike is much more important to a worker than an election, your job, livelihood could be on the line. The union make the effort to give every member a ballot paper and SAE, it takes just second to do. Why wouldn't you bother?

Agreed. Strikes must remain an option despite the obvious inconvenience to the public.

From 5pm on Bank Holiday Monday, I should make it home...I hope. Since I'm travelling home that day

Best check the trains on the day, you don't know when they might start sticking the bus replacement services in.

---------- Post added 15-05-2015 at 13:56 ----------

Agreed. Strikes must remain an option despite the obvious inconvenience to the public.

The problem is they have quite clearly been abused recently, by various unions.

So they need curtailing to stop further abuse.

I have found out this morning that the trains are going on strike on monday.

I could literally cry my eyes out as we have been waiting to go to scotland for the last few months and three days before we go the trains may not be running. Not only that but its been a very very long time since i saw someone very important to me and i really wanted to be there for a birthday.

My daughter who is 5 will be gutted that the trip is potentially cancelled too.

I am still holding out hope that they are going to be running, but if not. What would it cost for someone to run me, my husband and daughter to Motherwell on monday the 21st in the morning, preferably someone trustworthy.

Please move this to appropriate place on forum if needs be. Thank you for reading.

T

Tickets are valid for travel the day before and day after the strike. Travel then.

I have found out this morning that the trains are going on strike on monday.

I could literally cry my eyes out as we have been waiting to go to scotland for the last few months and three days before we go the trains may not be running. Not only that but its been a very very long time since i saw someone very important to me and i really wanted to be there for a birthday.

My daughter who is 5 will be gutted that the trip is potentially cancelled too.

I am still holding out hope that they are going to be running, but if not. What would it cost for someone to run me, my husband and daughter to Motherwell on monday the 21st in the morning, preferably someone trustworthy.

Please move this to appropriate place on forum if needs be. Thank you for reading.

T

Presuming you mean Monday 25th(?) reading all the info available makes it sound like the strike isn't going to start until 5pm on Monday. What disruption there will be earlier in the day, I do not know, but if you need to be in Motherwell for the morning you might be ok.

I've got to try to get back from Bristol if I can too! Might have to cope with my Dad for another day though :)

For someone to take you I bet your looking at around £120 easy

Go via the East coast:

We will be running trains until the early afternoon, with the exception of services in Scotland beyond Edinburgh, where there will be no Virgin Trains East Coast services to and from Aberdeen, Glasgow and Inverness.

Last train northbound

London Kings Cross – Edinburgh -11.30

London Kings Cross – Newcastle -14.00

London Kings Cross – York -14.30

London Kings Cross – Leeds – 14.35

London Kings Cross – Peterborough – 16.33

You only have to do Edinburgh-Motherwell then.

Yes monday the 25th i booked via virgin and they are set times no open train tickets :(

It's easier said that done going up a day early or a day late. if i go up a day early i have to find the extra money for a bnb and one at short notice and if i go up a day late its the same problem of paying for an extra night cause they'll still charge me for the dates i booked. If that makes sense.

What does the ROUTE say on your ticket, is it West or East coast? It wont matter on Monday anyway. Just get to Doncaster and pick up a northbound Virgin train from there, you may have to change at York to pick up the Edinburgh one.

Add to my post - some trains are doing Edinbugh-Glasgow on Monday.

Edinburgh – Glasgow via Falkirk High

Current frequency is maintained with services every 15 minutes between 07:15 and 17:30 stopping at all ‘usual’ stops, with additional calls at Lenzie and Bishopbriggs every 30 minutes.

Can you be picked up from Glasgow?

All reservations and stuff will go out of the windown on Monday, they wont enforce them.

Edited by Vegas1