Should Labour move right or left?

Should Labour move right or left?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. Should Labour move right or left?

• Left
    • Right
    • Stay where they are

Which lies are you thinking of? I probably don't consume the right media but I can only recall Jeremy's words and actions being used.

Having seen the man in person, and actually heard what he has to say, I can assure you that what is being reported bears no relation to what actually came from the horses mouth.

It is a very carefully edited campaign to discredit every word he says, and woefully mislead the British public in what he is about.

He is a true believer in a new style of consensus politics, taking the ideas, wishes and worries of the electorate into account on a continual basis, rather than allowing them the 'privilege' of voting once every 5 years, and then totally ignoring them. He does not see politics purely as the preserve of the Oxbridge elite in their private Westminster bubble.

This obviously worries the establishment no end. They want the annoying little people kept in their place as usual.

Corbyn cannot win.

The media is against him. I've never seen such vitriol, never mind damned lies, ranged against one man. It doesn't matter what he does or doesn't do, what he says or doesn't say, it will be twisted and spun into the most grotesque misinterpretation imaginable.

I remember when the newspapers simply reported the news, not used lies to decide who we should support. I doubt anyone can survive such blatant and unrestrained misreporting.

It's a disgrace really.

I agree with your comments about the media. However, the reason they're coming out to attack him is because he CAN win.

Cameron didn't get a majority government because the majority of registered voters voted Tory.

Politics is changing. It's amazing what happens when you actually give people something to vote for......look at the rise of UKIP and the massive turnout in the Scottish referendum........and the land slide victory by Jeremy Corbyn ;)

Having seen the man in person, and actually heard what he has to say, I can assure you that what is being reported bears no relation to what actually came from the horses mouth.

It is a very carefully edited campaign to discredit every word he says, and woefully mislead the British public in what he is about.

He is a true believer in a new style of consensus politics, taking the ideas, wishes and worries of the electorate into account on a continual basis, rather than allowing them the 'privilege' of voting once every 5 years, and then totally ignoring them. He does not see politics purely as the preserve of the Oxbridge elite in their private Westminster bubble.

This obviously worries the establishment no end. They want the annoying little people kept in their place as usual.

But which lies are you thinking of?

But which lies are you thinking of?

The one about him putting his manhood into a dead pigs mouth? :huh:

Sorry, wrong thread :hihi:

Politics is changing. It's amazing what happens when you actually give people something to vote for......look at the rise of UKIP and the massive turnout in the Scottish referendum........and the land slide victory by Jeremy Corbyn ;)

but perhaps you need to consider that the landslide victory of corbyn was in the election of labour party leader by the numbnuts who make up the membership. that's not the same as the electorate of this country or for that matter those who voted labour in may.

judging by the opinion polls around 1/4 of folk who voted labour in 2015 do not trust corbyn on defence, the economy or his ability to be prime minister. if your core vote mark you down as a loser there's not much prospect of capturing the 2 million exta votes labour would need to get into power. life's a bitch innit?

but perhaps you need to consider that the landslide victory of corbyn was in the election of labour party leader by the numbnuts who make up the membership. that's not the same as the electorate of this country or for that matter those who voted labour in may.

judging by the opinion polls around 1/4 of folk who voted labour in 2015 do not trust corbyn on defence, the economy or his ability to be prime minister. if your core vote mark you down as a loser there's not much prospect of capturing the 2 million exta votes labour would need to get into power. life's a bitch innit?

70 thousand more people joined up to Labour in last week. Its looking worrying for the conservatives TBH.

Maybe because he was the lesser of the four evils. Not PM material, but a protest vote to show Labour that we don't want any more New Labour cronies doing the same as Miliband, but with a different face at the helm?

70 thousand more people joined up to Labour in last week. Its looking worrying for the conservatives TBH.

yes having increased their lead over labour by about 25% since beating them by 100 seat in the general election, i can imagine they are crapping themselves.

just where are all the tory mps going to sit in the house of commons? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

---------- Post added 21-09-2015 at 14:22 ----------

Maybe because he was the lesser of the four evils. Not PM material, but a protest vote to show Labour that we don't want any more New Labour cronies doing the same as Miliband, but with a different face at the helm?

i imagine the average red flag waver would rather lose under one of his own that lose under a miliband.

..........."He is a true believer in a new style of consensus politics, taking the ideas, wishes and worries of the electorate into account on a continual basis,".........

Err!, you mean opening a can of worms!.......even JC's own people cannot agree on certain ideas, wishes and worries so how are the general electorate going to agree en masse and how are the countries in the EU going to agree with each other on a larger scale?

I fail to see any new Messiah consensus style of politics here!...am I missing something?

yes having increased their lead over labour by about 25% since beating them by 100 seat in the general election, i can imagine they are crapping themselves.

just where are all the tory mps going to sit in the house of commons? :hihi::hihi::hihi:

we know what happened in the elections...at this rate of membership, its not wise to underestimate Corbyn which is what you seem to be doing.

Gove got it right when asked can corbyn win an election - YES he can was the answer.

Know they enemy - Art of war.

we know what happened in the elections...at this rate of membership, its not wise to underestimate Corbyn which is what you seem to be doing.

Gove got it right when asked can corbyn win an election - YES he can was the answer.

Know they enemy - Art of war.

i think you'll find that the increased membership was down to offering £3 membership to join and vote although i'm sure it has attracted a few of the great non working unwashed around here. that's not quite the same as taking voters off the tories in berkshire.

know your enemy, but also know what you need to do to take votes off them. art of winning elections.

i think you'll find that the increased membership was down to offering £3 membership to join and vote although i'm sure it has attracted a few of the great non working unwashed around here. that's not quite the same as taking voters off the tories in berkshire.

know your enemy, but also know what you need to do to take votes off them. art of winning elections.

keep your friends close....you know the rest.