Inequality in the Uk

yesterday I watched the traffic on Eccleshall Road leading to the suburbs and the countryside:, at 5.00 pm nearly every fifth car was a BMW, Sports Car, Chelsea Tractor,

meanwhile five or six miles away, food banks were in massive demand

a divided nation indeed, and now stand by for South American levels of inequality.

waits for comments, "these are the winners", etc, of course they are, but the difference is so immense, it doesn't bode well for social cohesion.

we need a yellow box junction camera at the Fulwood Road / Manchester Road junction.

Given the high number of germanese bin wagons that fly in from Fulwood Road and block the junction, preventing oncoming vehicles from turning right up Manchester Road, the city council would end up with a budget surplus every year.

we need a yellow box junction camera at the Fulwood Road / Manchester Road junction.

Given the high number of germanese bin wagons that fly in from Fulwood Road and block the junction, preventing oncoming vehicles from turning right up Manchester Road, the city council would end up with a budget surplus every year.

Germanese???

Germanese???

You know, the germanese? we fought them in two world wars?

Not only do they reserve sunloungers with their beachtowels, but they invade Poland from time to time, and seemingly program their vehicles to block yellow box junctions as part of a greater germania.

Meanwhile, back on topic....

Yes, there is huge inequality in the Uk, and it's only going to get worse.

Not only that, but the whole nature of the country seems to be changing too. There seems to be a meanspirited winners and losers mentality - and win by any means as well.

There doesn't seem to be much compassion or thoughtfulness anymore; not much empathy and no sympathy.

This is not the sort of country I want to live in I'm afraid. And judging by the number of people looking to emigrate, neither do they.

Compared to places like India then i think the' have nots' in this country are far better off. Unless you work there you are left in the gutter to die. Welfare state doesn't exist. However the main problem- overpopulation. We have finite resources and can't support everyone to a decent standard. harsh but true :o

Compared to places like India then i think the' have nots' in this country are far better off. Unless you work there you are left in the gutter to die. Welfare state doesn't exist. However the main problem- overpopulation. We have finite resources and can't support everyone to a decent standard. harsh but true :o

I agree. But every advantage we have inthis country has been bitterly fought for every step of the way, and over many many years. To see it being dismantled in the space of a few short years is heartbreaking.

Every single reform has been greeted with cries of 'not possible' and 'chaos will ensue' by the rich and powerful, including the Welfare state and the NHS, yet it is only this that stops us becoming the new third world.

India, and many third world countries are rich in resources and not poor, but the distribution of wealth sees to it so it collects in pockets and does not trickle down. India has more millionaires per head of population than anywhere else on earth, and also millions of people in dire poverty. There is money enough in India to create a welfare state, but not the political will.

I find it hard to believe that that is what people have now voted for here. .

yesterday I watched the traffic on Eccleshall Road leading to the suburbs and the countryside:, at 5.00 pm nearly every fifth car was a BMW, Sports Car, Chelsea Tractor,

meanwhile five or six miles away, food banks were in massive demand

a divided nation indeed, and now stand by for South American levels of inequality.

waits for comments, "these are the winners", etc, of course they are, but the difference is so immense, it doesn't bode well for social cohesion.

Having a car on finance doesn't make you that inequal with someone who uses a food bank.