Any preferences in playoffs?

It seems nobody wants to talk about them and we are all being a bit tentative about them and stuff but regardless of our track record to date we have to face the fact that we are back in the play-off lottery again.

I know it is just that a lottery, every game will no doubt be a tough one with no gimme and every team in the play-offs warrant being there however I just wondered if anyone had any preferences?

Depending on the outcome of the final game we could get Swindon and MK Dons in the semis. For me we have to beat or draw against Chesterfield because I would much rather play Swindon over two legs as opposed to MK Dons who at the minute seem on fire.

These are the last 5 form stats for both Swindon and MK Dons.

MK Dons

P 5

W 4

D 1

L 0

GS 15

GC 3

Swindon

P 5

W 1

D 2

L 2

GS 8

GC 10

Form wise MK Dons are clear leaders out of all of the teams in the play-offs including us. We have beat them, we have beat swindon and hopefully we will beat Chesterfield however at the same time they have all beat us this season as well from what I remember. I just hope the level of performance is on par with that we had when we knocked all of those premier league teams out of both cups.

It seems nobody wants to talk about them and we are all being a bit tentative about them and stuff but regardless of our track record to date we have to face the fact that we are back in the play-off lottery again.

I know it is just that a lottery, every game will no doubt be a tough one with no gimme and every team in the play-offs warrant being there however I just wondered if anyone had any preferences?

Depending on the outcome of the final game we could get Swindon and MK Dons in the semis. For me we have to beat or draw against Chesterfield because I would much rather play Swindon over two legs as opposed to MK Dons who at the minute seem on fire.

These are the last 5 form stats for both Swindon and MK Dons.

MK Dons

P 5

W 4

D 1

L 0

GS 15

GC 3

Swindon

P 5

W 1

D 2

L 2

GS 8

GC 10

Form wise MK Dons are clear leaders out of all of the teams in the play-offs including us. We have beat them, we have beat swindon and hopefully we will beat Chesterfield however at the same time they have all beat us this season as well from what I remember. I just hope the level of performance is on par with that we had when we knocked all of those premier league teams out of both cups.

Where are Preston's stats?

play offs! just were created for fools, don't the league games prove which is the better teams, ! play off drag

it out more for crappy teams and rape supporter for more ££ lol

Where are Preston's stats?

PNE are playing Colchester who need a win to give themselves a chance of stopping up so yes PNE could be in the hat.

Preston will lick Colchester as far as i'm concerned therefore if people want to include Preston please do as they are possible candidates however not in my mind therefore I have personally excluded them.

Seen both Preston and Colchester play, Preston have held Bristol City and Licked Swindon 3-0 in recent games, scoring 10 in their last 5 games. I can't see them struggling against Colchester regardless of what Colchester need, they are just too good going forward.

I want Preston.

We are flying from Manchester on 12th may, so Preston would be a help. Think the game would be the 10th too

I want Preston.

We are flying from Manchester on 12th may, so Preston would be a help. Think the game would be the 10th too

It would prob suit you Rob,wouldn't have to worry getting back for Wembley.:hihi:

It would prob suit you Rob,wouldn't have to worry getting back for Wembley.:hihi:

I'm not worrying about that regardless of who we get ;)

Although if Norwich and Blades both get to the final, it is going to be one very messy weekend.

It is no use at all trotting out form figures we know from past experiences that form goes out of the window in this scenario, I myself would like Swindon but what do I know, if form counted for anything the team that finishes third should win it. The Blades have to recreate the sort of form that they showed in the Cups and go out there and take the occasion by the scruff of the neck and then we would perhaps succeed.

I defo want owls next year in play off final for a premier place.

The prince versus the fishman

brill

It is no use at all trotting out form figures we know from past experiences that form goes out of the window in this scenario, I myself would like Swindon but what do I know, if form counted for anything the team that finishes third should win it. The Blades have to recreate the sort of form that they showed in the Cups and go out there and take the occasion by the scruff of the neck and then we would perhaps succeed.

Exactly I said same on another thread, form is irrelevant my preference is a bye straight to Championship.:hihi::hihi:

Edited by Bypassblade

I said myself that it was a lottery if you would have cared to take the time to read the whole post :hihi::loopy: