Owls welcome roeder and pearson

Gazza58

Roeder is being brought in as main scout,SG has his eyes on a player be it in England or Europe,and roeder gets sent over to watch and hopefully make the deal,anybody having listened to the full press conference cant be anything but excited regarding Wednesdays future.

really sounds interesting times ahead fella

I can openly say that Roeder coming in to Sheffield United as director of football wouldn't inspire me in the slightest. I never really rated him as a manager and I think his record on paper reflects an average manager. I honest don't see what he is going to bring to the table for you lot over what your head coach is already doing.

As for Pearson this signing is a clever one by your new owner. You have brought in a man who has a very shrewd brain when it comes to footballing business and I think if anything you have brought in bags of knowledge and a safe pair of hands when it comes to running the club. I think he will move things in the right direction and I think he has the prowess to broker a few deals for players for you.

Absolutely agree with you regarding Glenn Roeder! :confused:

Depends on who has the final say on what I guess?

Decision by committee isn't always a good thing but for sure Gray cannot do all those different jobs by himself.

I hope he is retained as first team coach. I think he's a decent guy who has done a good job for Wednesday.

I think its been made clear by both DC and Gray himself,that he will have the final say on signings and team formation....Roeder is effectively Chief Scout and Pearson will act as Chairman whilst DC is overseas...

It all sounds promising...after years of false dawns and free transfers....lets hope its the start of something MASSIVE...

I think its been made clear by both DC and Gray himself,that he will have the final say on signings and team formation....Roeder is effectively Chief Scout and Pearson will act as Chairman whilst DC is overseas...

It all sounds promising...after years of false dawns and free transfers....lets hope its the start of something MASSIVE...

As a Blade I genuinely hope it is too. It would be fantastic to have both Sheffield clubs competing at the highest level - and whilst you won't like to admit it, Wednesday has been in a terrible state for some years now. Worse than United. I'm not talking about recent league form, which has seen Wednesday leap frog United, but the whole set up and infrastructure at S6 has been in decline for years.

It's a fantastic club and I'd like to see it progress - as long as we progress as well and compete at the same level!

As a Blade I genuinely hope it is too. It would be fantastic to have both Sheffield clubs competing at the highest level - and whilst you won't like to admit it, Wednesday has been in a terrible state for some years now. Worse than United. I'm not talking about recent league form, which has seen Wednesday leap frog United, but the whole set up and infrastructure at S6 has been in decline for years.

It's a fantastic club and I'd like to see it progress - as long as we progress as well and compete at the same level!

To be honest Tup,theres no way we can deny it.:(

Your right...Wednesday have been in a terrible state for nearly 20 years.....and this is why the current situation is giving people genuine optimism...