The Decline Of Sheffield City Centre

The Moor is a ghost town every night because it is full of SHOPS! The same as any other town or city centre street that is exclusively full of SHOPS.

The Moor is a ghost town every night because it is full of SHOPS! The same as any other town or city centre street that is exclusively full of SHOPS.

No. The Moor is full of poundshops. There were pubs and restaurants there a few years ago. They closed down and moved elsewhere. if you go to Liverpool for instance the city centre has dozens of pubs, cafes and restaurants. Sheffield is different because someone doesn't want people in the city centre at night.

No. The Moor is full of poundshops.

Shops, then.

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 05:48 ----------

There were pubs and restaurants there a few years ago. They closed down and moved elsewhere.

Really? On the Moor. Which ones are those, then?

The only one I can think of that closed is McDonalds. And it didn't move anywhere. And Zing Vaa (spelling may be wrong?) is still on the Moor, others exist on the streets just behind it.

Pubs on the Moor? How recent are you talking here?

Edited by Vegas1

. if you go to Liverpool for instance the city centre has dozens of pubs, cafes and restaurants.

So, for comparison purposes, you're suggesting Sheffield City Centre doesn't also have dozens of pubs, cafes and restaurants?

If you're going to make such ridiculous statements, at least try and be a little bit sensible about it.

So, for comparison purposes, you're suggesting Sheffield City Centre doesn't also have dozens of pubs, cafes and restaurants?

If you're going to make such ridiculous statements, at least try and be a little bit sensible about it.

Would you like to run a list by me?

Now you are just being silly.

What list?

Am I to assume you're asking me to provide a list of a combined number of cafes, restaurants & pubs that total a sum exceeding 'dozens'?

If so, when would it be ok to stop? 24, 36, 48, 60, 72?

I'm pretty confident I could go well on from that but my time is precious you see.

Edited by Unisol

There are at least two dozen on Division Street and West Street combined.

There appear to be 40 or more displaying on google maps.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/search/pub/@53.3800144,-1.4732885,17z

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 15:31 ----------

if you go to Liverpool for instance the city centre has dozens of pubs, cafes and restaurants.

Could you provide a list?

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 15:32 ----------

As someone said earlier. Ecclesall Road and London Road are booming EVERY night. The Moor is a ghost town every night. If the only attraction Sheffield has is a couple of roads full of drunken students it isn't going to attract in folk other than drunken students. If you want to see a lively city centre take a look at Liverpool and weep. That is how to revive a city. Having folk on a forum trying to deny Sheffield's centre is dying is like trying to claim our roads don't have pot holes.

---------- Post added 17-03-2015 at 13:14 ----------

Clearly no point in having a discussion with someone as blinkered as you clearly are.

Are you trying to redefine Sheffield city centre as just being "The Moor"?

I don't think you even know what point you're trying to make now, you're just playing (or maybe being) the fool. :roll:

Ok I give up, Noel Edmonds is going to burst out with a gotcha trophy any minute I guarantee it :help:

I think Sheffield is in decline, if people saw Liverpool, you'd see how much Sheffield city centre is in decline. Though the main reason they got a lot of investment was became the city of culture a few years ago, and got a lot of money to regenerate the city centre. Free parking days may help, lower business rates would also encourage more shopkeepers.