Black taxis are horrible

I was unaware there was an "exam". This isn't London.

Ooh no, it's not that Big London, where the drivers have to know where they're going - it's just little Sheffy, where any knuckle dragger can get behind the wheel and drive their tractor in the vague direction of wherever the incomer wants to be.....

Just to play devils advocate here, he actually hasnt done anything wrong other than not offer the 30p change back. Of course we would like everyone in life to be coureous, and I dont think there is any requirement for a black cab driver to know the name and location of every single street within the city.

Satnav...............

In my old days of private hire taxiing i once picked up an old couple from crosspool. They told me they had a very nasty experience with a black cab from the station. Apparently he turned off the meter saying it didn't work, then went the long route through abbeydale. At the end of the journey they were charged a whopping £90. They felt so intimidated they paid the guy. :o

I've been using Black cabs and hire cabs in Sheffield for 15 years. I use them ALL the time and never had any issues with any.

However:

1. In Doncaster - you can never get any

2. In Rugby - they're really very rude

3. In Bristol - was abusive

4. In Cambridge - charged a fortune

So I'm very happy with our taxi services in this fair city :nod: