3 UK schoolgirls "travelling to Syria"

Why all the noise about these girls, if they want to go let them go, just don't let them back in the country. They left with their eyes wide open.

Why all the noise about these girls, if they want to go let them go, just don't let them back in the country. They left with their eyes wide open.

Because they're children, and even though children sometimes do terrible things, it doesn't mean that we as a country can turn our backs on our responsibilities towards them.

Because they're children, and even though children sometimes do terrible things, it doesn't mean that we as a country can turn our backs on our responsibilities towards them.

Everything but "hope they get killed" has been said JFK. Your wasting your time.

Because they're children, and even though children sometimes do terrible things, it doesn't mean that we as a country can turn our backs on our responsibilities towards them.[/quote

As soon as they reach isis they will be lost to their familys,They wont be innocent children for long. sadly they will be a threat to us .

Its a shame but they made the choice.

As soon as they reach isis they will be lost to their familys,They wont be innocent children for long. sadly they will be a threat to us .

Its a shame but they made the choice.

So are you saying that we as a society should respect the choices made by children irrespective of their consequences?

I am not saying that there shouldn't be serious consequences for these girls, but we should be doing all we can to ensure that the girls face those consequences in this country out of the hands of ISIS.

Never mind perhaps the tories will welcome Jihadists back and throw benefits at them ... Oh wait, they soon changed their tune about that didn't they?

Why do you feel the need to bash the Torries on everything? You are a stuck record and really should stick to posting in the Torries thread.

That was the other big question. Does their faith have a part to play in this?

How is that even a question? Of course it played a part in it, a big part. Muslim's make up about 5% of our population, yet 100% of the British people who have joined ISIS. This is not coincidence.

This is a significant part of the story - that again the media have failed to pick up on

Are the media just a bit stupid and lazy?

Hooking on to a headline, and careless about the detail...

How is a significant amount of children being raped and groomed in Rotherham got anything to do with thee children in Bethnal Green deciding to join ISIS. You even claim it to be a significant part. Please explain.

Anyone who is willing to groom a young white girl for sex will have no problem abusing a muslim girl in order to get her to do what he wants. Im not saying they were groomed, they could just be sick in the head like the rest of the IS nobs im just saying it wouldnt shock me.

No they aren't. Some (and I mean some) regard the rights of non Muslims as far less than the rights of Muslims. I would ask that you read into Islam a bit to educate yourself more.

That would be illegal under international law.

The thread has been cleaned of assorted bickering, off topic posts and those quoting them. This is becoming somewhat tedious so if it has to be done again then there will be suspensions for all involved.

Eyes wide open.

There is a bit of a confused narrative going on about young people in this country.

These girls are portrayed as being young, impressionable and as having been "groomed" into what they are doing.

A teacher who has a relationship with a 16 year old pupil is said to have "abused their position of trust" and "taken advantage of a vulnerable child".

Yet Ed Miliband wants 16 year olds to be given the vote because they are "Young people" and therefore presumably well capable of making their minds up.

Of the "jihadi brides" one is sixteen, the others will be in a matter of months.

So what are they, impressionable children or confident young adults?

Or does the answer to that question change as is most convenient?

I suppose if you have been conditioned from birth to expect to marry a cousin you've never met it probably doesn't sound too bad a deal.

Your comment has really played on my mind today.

It is hard for some of us to imagine what effect arranged marriages have on young people - both male and female, unless we witness it.

I find the whole concept akin to slavery, I'm afraid, and feel that no one should have the right to force anyone in to a marriage. I feel there is an awful lot of pressure on families to ensure their children are married by a certain age.

I know young people who have been perfectly happy until the realisation kicks in that they are going to be married soon and they become shadows of their former selves. I know girls who have run away to avoid arranged marriages.

I think it must be heartbreaking and agonizing for some young people, who see their peers in relationships of their choice, and wish for the same but know they can not have this.

Your comment has really played on my mind today.

It is hard for some of us to imagine what effect arranged marriages have on young people - both male and female, unless we witness it.

I find the whole concept akin to slavery, I'm afraid, and feel that no one should have the right to force anyone in to a marriage. I feel there is an awful lot of pressure on families to ensure their children are married by a certain age.

I know young people who have been perfectly happy until the realisation kicks in that they are going to be married soon and they become shadows of their former selves. I know girls who have run away to avoid arranged marriages.

I think it must be heartbreaking and agonizing for some young people, who see their peers in relationships of their choice, and wish for the same but know they can not have this.

You are talking about forced marriages, arranged marriages are totally different.