What was the first thing you bought online?

I was watching a documentary the other day about CityLink, a lot of the warehouse employees had never bought anything online which got me thinking because I can't actually remember my first online purchase.

What was the first thing you ever bought online?

I would think it was some anime-related stuff off Ebay.

A vinyl copy of Lick My Decals Off, Baby by Captain Beefheart in about 2000. I paid £40 and a few months later saw it in a shop for £17.

My eBay account is 15 years old, and I was in a major rock buying phase back then. Certainly amongst the first things I bought was an Orthoceras mortality slab, but it could have been any of a few hundred lumps of rock, geodes, fossils or gemstones.

A computer it used to take it twenty minutes to warm up.

I'm fairly sure it was the Smiths The Queen is Dead album on CD from Amazon, in 1998 IIRC.

Probably books, I have bought a few from amazon over the years. Still prefer browsing in Waterstones though.

It must have been a book. My Amazon account tells me my first order, in 1999, was a copy of Using Word 2000. Exciting stuff.

Probably a CD from CD world.. used to get lots of stuff from them before they went bust in 2003.

My Amazon and eBay accounts dont go back to the start, :(

My Amazon account only goes back to 2003, when I apparently used it to send presents to various children in the family for their birthdays. I was a very early adopter with eBay though, back in the days when browsing took hours on a dial up modem and payments had to be sent by putting a cheque in the post and then waiting for it to clear before your item was sent.

Dark Side Of The Moon ultra disc from Ebay around September 1999.