Dada shut down/Trippets re-opens

daniel3982

I've just seen a full page ad in Exposed magazine which has pleased me greatly.

It reads: "Opening late May... Trippets... Fizz, Gin.. and all that Jazz"

This is music to my ears (being a jazz and fizz lover). So far, so very good.

(if the new owners read this and might be interested in some suitable jazz-based entertainment, send me a PM)

Walked past it today and it looks likely; there are posters on the building saying the same thing, there's a new sign up, and activity fitting it out inside.

• 3 weeks later...
I dont think the place DnAuk mentioned isnt going to open anyway

https://www.facebook.com/LolaLoSheffield

Unit has been empty for months and no FB activity.

I was wondering about this. I'd be surprised if it opens any time soon.

Edit - just noticed this:

"Sheffield is scheduled for opening to coincide with the start of the new student year in late September 2015."

Disappointing recent trading for the company:

http://www.investegate.co.uk/eclectic-bar-group--bar-/rns/interim-results/201503250700223690I/

"The second quarter, which includes the important October period when students return to university, proved more difficult. Reduced numbers of students, more competition being seen across a number of our sessions and venues, disappointing early trading for two of our new openings (Lola Lo in Derby and Dirty Blonde in Brighton) and poor trading at Bournemouth, have impacted on the current period results."

Share price:

http://www.londonstockexchange.com/exchange/prices-and-markets/stocks/summary/company-summary/GB00BG49KW66GBGBXASQ1.html

Rich

Edited by belperite
Further info

It was open tonight, candles on the tables, probably more of an eatery than a drinking den.

Don't suppose they have kept any of the crast keg lines? Or any nice bottles? Being a wine bar I don't suppose they will have cask... but I know many a wine bar that caters for the discrening beer lover too...

Don't suppose they have kept any of the crast keg lines? Or any nice bottles? Being a wine bar I don't suppose they will have cask... but I know many a wine bar that caters for the discrening beer lover too...

Estrella and Kirin are the only beers on tap.

Went in on Saturday night, very nice inside and way more appealing than before.

It has a good range of gin and wine as well as snacks and small plates that sound interesting.

The thing that it might struggle with is price, it's not the cheapest of places and as we know Sheffied folk tend to vote with their wallets.

I will go again but not for more than 1 or 2 drinks and not regularly.