Shock Horror! A thread to PRAISE Veolia!

Sounds to me like some savings are ripe to be made here. How is it that one can get free services just for being a council tennant?

Because it isn't free it's in with their rent and is cheaper than allowing them to be fly tipped the vast majority of tenants would use it maybe twice a year so no savings to be made really.

Also the time frame is longer than those who pay approx 7 days

Yep , i followed him down to give him a lift off and help him carry them into the tip

so as well as using your car and your time you did the lifting too? You could have injured yourself meaning time off from kicking tenants and cyclists.

Hardly the bargain of the year was it?

so as well as using your car and your time you did the lifting too? You could have injured yourself meaning time off from kicking tenants and cyclists.

Hardly the bargain of the year was it?

As ive already said i go past the dump on my way home ,so issue , or going out of my way . And if we all listened to the health and safety police and never lifted owt the world would grind to a halt.

Assuming Penistone lives in Barnsley, his local council could have removed NINE items from him for the cost he had two removed!

https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/environment-and-planning/waste-and-recycling/request-collection-of-large-items

And even if they count a sofa as four items, it still would have been cheaper.

And no trip to the tip or strain on his back needed ;)

Assuming Penistone lives in Barnsley, his local council could have removed NINE items from him for the cost he had two removed!

https://www.barnsley.gov.uk/services/environment-and-planning/waste-and-recycling/request-collection-of-large-items

aye, but he's never wrong. It's the thick skin ;)

Viola would have sent 2 men to do the work. His guy works alone and the customer acts as the second guy doing the lifting and getting scruffed up, hence the cheaper cost. Still he saved himself a fiver, so all is good.

aye, but he's never wrong. It's the thick skin ;)

Viola would have sent 2 men to do the work. His guy works alone and the customer acts as the second guy doing the lifting and getting scruffed up, hence the cheaper cost. Still he saved himself a fiver, so all is good.

he hasnt saved himself a fiver at all, given the costs on the Barnsley Council website he has paid over the odds :D

As stated already the sofas were removed from one of my student properties in sheffield , so ringing Barnsley council would be a bit of a wasted call.

I paid £19.50 for three items = £6.50 per item

He paid £25 for two items = £12.50 per item

£12.50 is roughly 92% more than £6.50. Therefore he paid 92% more per item than me. 92.3077% to be precise :D

Hope this helps and maybe leave the maths to someone else next time :D

And if they charge the same for one item then they do three, then more fool the people who only shift one item at a time. Do three items and make it more cost effective. Even if they had only shifted two items for me, at £9.75 an item (that is £19.50 divided into two, for the hard of thinking) it is still cheaper than Penistones collection.

No he didn't - it's about the amount not the number of items since that is irrrelevant, he spent £5.50 more than you therefore nothing like 92%

I paid £19.50 for three items = £6.50 per item

He paid £25 for two items = £12.50 per item

£12.50 is roughly 92% more than £6.50. Therefore he paid 92% more per item than me. 92.3077% to be precise :D

Hope this helps and maybe leave the maths to someone else next time :D

And if they charge the same for one item then they do three, then more fool the people who only shift one item at a time. Do three items and make it more cost effective. Even if they had only shifted two items for me, at £9.75 an item (that is £19.50 divided into two, for the hard of thinking) it is still cheaper than Penistones collection.

how old are you two?

No he didn't - it's about the amount not the number of items since that is irrrelevant, he spent £5.50 more than you therefore nothing like 92%

I'm working out on a pro rata basis per item as that is the only comparison that is valid given the differing number of items. Hencd why I said he paid 92% more per item. Please keep up.

Oh, and putting all your post in bold doesn't make any difference ;)

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:52 ----------

how old are you two?

Imagine if you were forced to read the thread and then reply to it.

Edited by No User Name

As stated already the sofas were removed from one of my student properties in sheffield , so ringing Barnsley council would be a bit of a wasted call.

So you commited an offence by taking commercial waste to a local recycling centre and another offence by using an unlicenced waste carrier ( if he was in possesion of correct licence you would not have had to park outside and carry the items in). What a fine upstanding citizen you are!!

Fair enough. You still would have saved yourself money by giving Veolia Sheffield a call, eh? :rolleyes: