Thieving scroats

Most of us at some time in our lives will be the victim of crime - most of it whilst might be deemed as serious to the person it happens to in the broad scheme of things isn't. However there surely has to be some proportionality here. If you're burgled you should report it. The chances of them being caught are usually pretty small but it should still be reported as if a particular area is being targetted eventually they will get caught.

However that said when it's happened to me I didn't expect the police to turn up straightaway on the basis that whilst I wasn't that happy about being burgled, they do have more pressing things to do and I'm not their top priority. If it was a choice between them coming to talk to me about a stolen TV over a situation such as we had in Blackstock Road just the other day then I have to wait my turn as that to me is more important that needs resolving. I have insurance and I'll get another one through that but a situation where a loss of life is possible over a stolen TV - there is no contest.

Like every part of public services there's less of them trying to do more. They're not perfect.

Lets face it, it's one of those crimes where all you do is call 101 and get a crime reference number for any potential insurance claim. You'll never hear anything about it again unless you get an automated 'victim of crime' letter a few weeks later.

In S2. If it's not nailed down they take it!
Rule No.2 - if it is nailed down, remove nails. It's then nickable

That What I love about SHEFFIELD FORUM, NOT.

Someone posts a warning here and gets a little (rightly so) anger of their chest and all of a sudden someone takes exception and starts nuclear war.

Lighten up folks, stop worrying about opinions of others, your a long time dead......

It's the fact that the police are impotent that gives scrotes the idea that they can steal with impunity. What's the worse they can fear? 3 months in what we laughably call "prisons"? Being told they are "naughty boys" by a social worker?

Do you actually think the police set sentences?

The ginnal between Newfield Green Road and Daresbury Close/Drive is a mecca for scrap thieves. Or at least it was as most of it has been taken. Now they are literally taking the fences from the back of peoples gardens. Some of it is very heavy corrugated sheet metal that is galvanised (not even sure you can scrap it?). One day i walked up there and some guys fence was half hanging off as though someone got disturbed trying to prise it off the wood frame. When I came back the fence was all over the path and I had to step on the fencing to get down the path. I think they realised it was far too heavy to actually take it but they still ripped it down. A new wooden fence has now been put in place.

There used to be some thieving scroats in the house at the bottom of the ginnal. They had a scrap van and one day I actually saw them the other side of one of the fences in someones garden stealing some metal stuff so I reported them. The police just say 'yeh we know about them'. If they know about them then why are they allowed to get away with it?! :rant: I haven't seen the van for a while, it possible they've moved on but the metal thieving is rampant in the area as is fly tipping now. Thats gone through the roof! Daresbury Close is a garbage infested craphole and it seems people that have recently moved in are responsible. Regularly burning rubbish then dumping the waste in the woods. Now its got the the point they just dump the bin bags in the woods. Its disgusting. Its so bad now that there are seagulls regularly over the area. Ive not seen seagulls since the 80's when the dump it site at Blackstock road was an open air site! Thats how bad it is!

I agree. All they do inside is exchange notes and learn the criminal trade. Its like going on a refresher course with free board and lodgings. I don't believe there is much reform involved. I am not a defeatist. But what can be done?

Stop sending them to jail for petty crime... :suspect:

---------- Post added 12-01-2015 at 11:47 ----------

It maybe be a non urgent crime to you but to a victim it's urgent!

Only if they're not very clever.

Why would they not be clever? What would you define as urgent?

A break inn is no more urgent then this.

Someone knocked over is no more urgent either as they will already be injured. This is what your implying

Beware, thieves are taking advantage of the bad weather!

Last night we had a roll of approx 20 feet of wire fencing stolen. It was attached to metal fencing and would have taken a while to remove! The police have been swamped with calls this weekend apparantly. It doesn't help that we have a public footpath that cuts between mine and another property....If I find out who it is I'll wire their <REMOVED> up to the mains and fry em!!!:rant::mad::suspect:

What area do you live in.It's a sign of the times that these toe rags would rather put effort in removing your fence than to put as much effort onto finding a job.

Stop sending them to jail for petty crime... :suspect:

Petty criminals don't get sent to prison unless they are multi repeat offenders.

That may be the reason they re-offend, they know they wont get punished!

But if they did get custody for the first offence that might be the deterrent they want. (Short Sharp Shock).:mad:

What do you recommend.?

I don't go into the garden much in bad weather so when I had a walk round after the high winds to look at he roof all ok there but 3 or 4 loads of rosemary roof tile have been stolen from the side of the hut. also the ridge/hood tiles about 5 of those