Centertainment parking

Went to the cinema on Saturday night....unbelievable. People were parked on every surface available....I totally agree that the Retail Park should be available once the shops have closed....or even the Arena carpark if there isn't an event. It took us over 20 minutes to find a space near to the Noose and Gibbett, partially because there were so many people seeking parking too. However if the tram tracks had been put in the "correct" places and roads in Sheffield then perhaps more people would use it. It's a mile walk from my house to the nearest tram stop or we'd use it more often. The bus services are hourly in our area after 7pm and that goes nowhere near Centretainment anyway. I think there was a severe short-sightedness when they built the area about the amount of parking facilities required for such a popular development.

Idea is you get the bus to the tram then ride the tram to Centertainment... all day Citywide ticket works on both!

We gave up going to Centertainment at all about three years ago. They should charge for parking like they do in town to keep down demand.

Yeah thats what they want to do, keep down demand. Lol!!!!

No, what they want is to get an agreement with the retail park for late night parking. Thousands of empty spaces a few hundred meters away.

We gave up going to Centertainment at all about three years ago. They should charge for parking like they do in town to keep down demand.

Me too. I'm sure someone else has replaced the income from myself - but the day will come when things change.

make it so you have to have a ticket from somewhere on centertainment (with a purchase) to get out. parking is for customers but it's always taken up by people going to the arena who shouldn't be parking in there and just don't want to pay. ruined many a night for us when we've had to cancel our plans and give up due to arena goers taking up all the car park.

We have had at least 6 occasions in the last three years where we have not been able to park due to arena events so the cinema and restaurants missed out on our custom. As a result we now go to the meadowhall oasis and cinema there on the occasions where we don't want to drive into town. We won't go back to centertainment regulars until the car parking is addressed.

Yes. The problems begin when the Arena does have an event but those attending opt to use Centertainment free parking instead of Arena paid parking.

just don't pay, private parking charges are easily avoidable.

I've got sick of having to drive around looking for a space and the number of incidents where things have resulted in fisticuffs between drivers and/or dangerous/stupid driving. I've also decided not to bother going anymore.

It's not a pleasant night out anymore when you know it's going to be hassle finding a space and probably resulting in unpleasantness. It doesn't make me feel like a valued customer, just a mug. It's a great facility, but unfortunately, it's spoiled by the poor parking offering.

I always check whether there is an event at the Arena and if so, I don't go to Centertainment. If everyone boycotted the place, when there was something on at the Arena, they would soon sort out the parking.

Its a great idea but the problem is I assume that Centretainment have some agreement with the private parking company who manage the site and they are possibly happy enough to let people struggle and take their cut of the revenue raised, it obviously doesn't stop the place being busy.

No. The leasehold owner/operator of the cinema does NOT own the parking areas.

Was bad last night as there was an event at the Arena.

No. The leasehold owner/operator of the cinema does NOT own the parking areas.

I didn't say they did I said someone brought in a private parking company to manage the parking on the site and will be taking a cut of the monies raised.

I think the trick is to park around the back of Toys R Us. There are no cameras back there.