2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

I passed a Yaris and a jag that were parked opposite each other on the hill with their hazzards on earlier, the look on their faces as I cruised past was priceless!

Yep lol ..no they didn't make it

Nightmare.

Travelling back from London this afternoon. Rainy in the capital, snow started around Brum and got progressively worse.

Left M1 at Junc 33 and were stuck for about an hour near the Sanderson building. A man going in the opposite direction shouted "Nightmare! Turn off while you can". So we did.

6 hour journey from London to Sheffield is quite impressive (not).

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 22:04 ----------

If it's as it was 15 mins ago, I'd recommend avoiding Parkway.

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone know if the snake pass is closed as I was planning to go to manchester tomorrow.

Thanks.

A61 Dronfield Bypass shut northbound one roundabout north of Ches. Anyone know when it'll re-open please?

Sorry if this has already been asked/answered but does anyone know if the snake pass is closed as I was planning to go to manchester tomorrow.

Thanks.

Not 100% sure but my girlfriend had to turn round at glossop as there had been a car stuck up there.

She was coming back to sheffield.

Poor husband left Neepsend at 8pm to get to Greenhill and he's still not back. Apparently he's nearly at Abbey Lane after sitting on London Road for an hour while fellow drivers span their wheels frantically and wondered why they were going nowhere. Meanwhile I'm snowed in... with all the beer.

Spooky stuff

My neighbor who is an environment expert did say he predicted we would get some snow in December or January and he has been proven right AGAIN!!

He also says the temperature will be 4 degrees hotter by the year 2145 which would spell mass famine for everyone

He also predicted at hot July a few years back and he was right on that occasion too

---------- Post added 26-12-2014 at 22:21 ----------

Sky tv also down

Well my 14 year old Yaris got my son home from work safely . Slowly slowly ! First time for him driving in snow ,had some good instructions from me .:)

Keep safe people .

Thanks.

When a snow flake falls in Scotland they shut the snake pass.

well if youve got a 4 by 4 car then maybe tonight maybe a good time to go for a joy ride

You can smugly look at the stranded cars/stranded occupants

Maybe give them the rods as you drive past

Many 4x4s these days have low profile tyres on huge alloy rims, not a lot of use in the snow.

You need a good old fashioned Land Rover Defender with knobbly tyres.

Big fat rich, just brush the snow off your dish. Had to do that earlier to mine.