2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

There's pictures on the starsheffield twitter news feed of the parkway and stuck lorry on M1, not much grit though.

The Star is promoting the use of the traffic cameras to help but they're turned off.

Never seen them all turned off before.

There's pictures on the starsheffield twitter news feed of the parkway and stuck lorry on M1, not much grit though.

The Star is promoting the use of the traffic cameras to help but they're turned off.

Never seen them all turned off before.

They must turn them off at a certain time. Normally people wont be stuck this late.

I would get that tent out if I was you. They have been trying to move it. Someone I know has been stuck for 90 mins behind it.

I'm at home in Leeds - I escaped by a different route from the parkway. That's the first rule of driving in Sheffield in snow - avoid Eastbank road, the parkway and Meadowhead roundabout....

I drove home from Doncaster to Sheffield at 5 - no snow - unpacked all Christmas goodies - came down 2 hours later to an inch of snow. Madness!!

Rang 101 and they informed us that its council problem. Council should be dealing with it but arnt.

7 hours Buxton to Sheffield south. Ended up coming up through chesterfield (hotels all booked up or would not accept dog) , then getting the M1 to meadowhall then it was plain sailing......helped push a number of cars up hills, been pushed ourselfs.....haha funny thing is turned off Chesterfield road and we could not make the last 800m to home! :))

Drive Safely x

We got stuck on the Parkway car park for about 45 mins. Tried following the plough but it was getting stuck in queues. Took the route from the AMRC instead, past the defunct airport, Attercliffe and up over Crookes (Walkley route blocked) and it took us just 20 mins. Abandoned the car on a safe side road just after midnight and walked the final 1/2mile Got lucky there I think. I have a mate who is currently walking 15 miles to get back. If we stayed on the Parkway I think we would still be there now

Feeling rather smug sat in front of the log fire up my mountain (sorry).

No snow here.

Someone sent me a photo of my last home in Sheffield in the snow this evening.

Keep safe everyone.

Many 4x4s these days have low profile tyres on huge alloy rims, not a lot of use in the snow.

You need a good old fashioned Land Rover Defender with knobbly tyres.

Most of them around Sheffield seem to have been nicked in recent times as there's always something in the press about stolen Landrovers etc.

Most of them around Sheffield seem to have been nicked in recent times as there's always something in the press about stolen Landrovers etc.

To be honest it wont do much good. My colleague who is stuck on the parkway at the moment is in a 4x4.

I did ring 101 to see if they were aware and they said its council problem. The operator I spoke to didnt have much faith in the council.