2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

I'm hoping it start up here in Leeds!

just took puppy out for a walk in s8 , light covering

---------- Post added 28-01-2015 at 19:26 ----------

Me too!!!!

not me , need to work, builder

I want heavy snow that continues for 48 hours so kids can have proper sledging like in the old days!!!

Give a little thought to people like myself and other NHS teams/carers who have to go out and visit the elderly and other clients in the community.

I want heavy snow that continues for 48 hours so kids can have proper sledging like in the old days!!!

So its fine that people Particularly the old will be falling over on frozen pavements breaking bones just so the kids can go sledging.

jeeeeeeeeeeezzz lighten up

you will always get people wanting snow as im sure yourselfs did when you was kids

Elderly and/or infirm people shouldn't have to go out when the weather is bad like that. My neighbour falls into the vulnerable category and I make sure I go round whenever the power is out and give him candles, or grit his front and back paths in ice and snow and have been known to do his shopping for him too.

It's a pity that not everyone manages to do that for their neighbours, really.

---------- Post added 28-01-2015 at 20:04 ----------

**UPDATE**

The winds have indeed started to blow slightly more Southerly and so we will be getting the snow that is currently in the Irish Sea, north of Lancashire (if it stays that way).

Not only is there more of it, but it's twice as heavy currently. If it stays that way even only for the next hour or two then we'll certainly see the difference and people at the semi-final might encounter difficulty getting home.

I'll be on here most of the night I imagine, I'll keep you all updated!

It's white outside my house right now. Our power went out earlier for a little while. I hate the damn snow, always have.

Elderly and/or infirm people shouldn't have to go out when the weather is bad like that. My neighbour falls into the vulnerable category and I make sure I go round whenever the power is out and give him candles, or grit his front and back paths in ice and snow and have been known to do his shopping for him too.

It's a pity that not everyone manages to do that for their neighbours, really.

---------- Post added 28-01-2015 at 20:04 ----------

**UPDATE**

The winds have indeed started to blow slightly more Southerly and so we will be getting the snow that is currently in the Irish Sea, north of Lancashire (if it stays that way).

Not only is there more of it, but it's twice as heavy currently. If it stays that way even only for the next hour or two then we'll certainly see the difference and people at the semi-final might encounter difficulty getting home.

I'll be on here most of the night I imagine, I'll keep you all updated!

I'm sure everyone on here appreciates your weather reports just like to say thank you for taking the trouble to keep us updated.

We've just had some thunder snow in Bradfield. Gosh that was loud!