2014/2015 Snow & Winter Weather MegaThread

Yes! Perfect timing, I have some days off later in the week! WOOHOO!!!

Honey, where are my skis!

It's the Express, they've been following the broken clock logic (giving the correct time at least twice a day ;)) about 'Snowmageddon', predicting it every other week from October to March for years :hihi:

Don't go waxing those planks in anger just yet ;)

It's the Express, they've been following the broken clock logic (giving the correct time at least twice a day ;)) about 'Snowmageddon', predicting it every other week from October to March for years :hihi:

Don't go waxing those planks in anger just yet ;)

Stop it! The pitiful half an inch we've had in Hillsborough does not satisfy my requirements ;)

I've been given an interview date today of.. you guessed it.. Thursday!

I told the girl that it was going to snow but that I live local so it doesn't matter - I can walk there if needed. She seemed a bit confused about how I knew it was going to snow, I don't think she quite believed me :hihi:

I told you so might be a good ice breaker when I get there :D

I told the girl that it was going to snow but that I live local so it doesn't matter - I can walk there if needed. She seemed a bit confused about how I knew it was going to snow, I don't think she quite believed me :hihi:

If it has snowed, they'll think you're a witch.

Ive got to take the wife to NGH, we had to cancel the last appointment because of the snow. ( I can walk it but she cant ).

Ice-breaker! Boom Boom!

Ice-breaker! Boom Boom!

There was no pun intended there! :D

Any update in the high pressure twirler? Is it still going to hit as bad as expected?

Hi Rawson. It is currently just South of Greenland, according to the shipping websites it is producing 50+ mph winds and the pressure is nudging up just slightly. There is a smaller front just in front of it but they expect them to merge into one large high pressure system. It will pass North of Scotland but the isobars are tightly compacted which mean winds will be strong and there will be two very quick fronts that pass over one after the other on Wednesday night and Thursday morning. The first one will produce rain which will wash away any existing grit and this will probably turn to snow as the temps drop overnight. The second one will almost certainly bring heavy snow, although how fast it passes over and how much it produces are almost impossible to tell yet.

We're still on for snowmen though, yes :)