Nuisance phone calls

Why would call centres employ people to ring potential customers after 11pm? The conversion rate would be miniscule, it makes no business sense at all.

And the most annoying part is that these calls come when we are busy or in a meeting.

:cool:

There is an obvious solution to this but I've searched high and low without success for the kit to do it. What we need is a landline telephone with a VIP ring facility. Like the (now obsolete) BT Relate 2100 but with an additional feature. So with VIP ring, you can assign numbers to a specific ringtone. What is needed though is the ability to upload your own ringtones. So if I was to upload a ringtone that was just silent, then assign all unwanted calls to this ringtone, problem resolved, permanently. The caller would ring me as normal except my telephone remains silent. Sorted.

Now I know you can buy additional kit that fits between the telephone and line (Orchid I think) to intercept calls but having tried one, it didn't work very well.

I also accept that subscribing to the TPS and others should, in theory, stop all unwanted calls or that abuses of the system should incur massive fines. Except that is no good for calls originating overseas where TPS has no jurisdiction and the caller may have little perception of, or interest in, time zones. So back to plan A. This WOULD work very effectively but as stated, I can't find any telephone with this set of facilities (I wonder why)!

I also wonder why you can't seem to the get a phone these days that allows you to switch the ringer off,so you don't have to plug it back in eveytime you want to use it.

:cool:

I also wonder why you can't seem to the get a phone these days that allows you to switch the ringer off,so you don't have to plug it back in eveytime you want to use it.

You can - try the Panasonic KG range for instance.

You can - try the Panasonic KG range for instance.

Thank,s. I will have a look at those.

These PPI callers are a pain in the ****. Only got one yesterday from an outfit in San Antonio, in the US of A. Next one might be from Mars?

I hate these calls too. I flipped on one of them and just said the person they asked for was dead. When they paused and then said, oh im so sorry i replied Its ok, He was a VERY VERY bad man.

They put the phone down sharpish lol

I know it's tempting fate but try this.

When the phone rings and they ask for you, make out you are a relative and you are at the house because the person they have asked for(you) has passed away suddenly.

A girl who I know works at a call centre and told me they instantly delete your records and the upside is, they don't pass your details on to any other company, sorted:thumbsup:

And just in case, make a will:hihi:

I had a call last night at 8.40pm from some research place I said excuse me can you tell me why you are ringing at 8.40 she said well we finish at 9. I said I finish about 5 and don't want cold callers ringing me at this time please take me off your database. Thee other morning had two cold calls within ten minutes. I think I will get one of those Call Saint call blockers.

Just caught a glimpse of a piece on BBC Breakfast about new laws aimed at preventing nuisance calls. Apparently the threshold for prosecution is going down and the fines are going up to half a million pounds. Did anybody get the whole of it?

Been on the TPS for years and still get (local/national) nuisance calls on a daily basis!

Read it on the BBC web site. Won't happen because it's too anti-business