Avoid SKYPE upgrade

Has anyone upgraded their SKYPE account .I did a few days ago and now i don't have a SKYPE homepage on my browser, i can still do the video calls no problem but i don't have my homepage .any thoughts on this one thank's. Mr G

What do you mean? If you want Skype as your home page on your browser, go to Skype and set it as your home page.

Skype has never set anything as my homepage in all the time I've used it and the last upgrade did nothing different.

also upgraded skype and no problems here homepage still there

The Skype upgrade sets MSN as your home page unless you uncheck the box

On your web page go to tools>internet options and then print the web page you want on the blued out section.

So it changed your homepage? Just change it back if that's what you want!

So it changed your homepage? Just change it back if that's what you want!

Not everybody is as computer literate as you are :)

PS: Reminds me of the IT Crowd: "Have you tried turning it off and on again?" haha, love that show!

Has anyone upgraded their SKYPE account .I did a few days ago and now i don't have a SKYPE homepage on my browser, i can still do the video calls no problem but i don't have my homepage .any thoughts on this one thank's. Mr G

Ok, perhaps i did'nt explain it to well.

I upgraded Skype and now when i go on to Skype this is the message i get.

'SKYPE home page unavailable at the moment,Check back later to see your new's and alerts '.

On the left of my screen i have my contacts list .The right side of the screen is blank, other than the message .

Prior to the upgrade all was well,no problems .

Hmmm, I noticed a weird issue when I got a call the other day with a similar message. All I had to do was restart the client (not just send it to the icons tray but actually exiting it completely). Did a restart of the PC not fix the issue?

The easiest way to get the home web page of your choice is to get it on your computer screen then do the following

click on the "TOOLS" button (top left of the screen) in the drop down box that appears click on the bottom option "INTERNET OPTIONS" then click on the "USE CURRENT BUTTON" that is near top centre.

Hey presto done

Click here for sample

http://my.jetscreenshot.com/19656/20141104-ndbc-54kb