Attempted robbery 21/10/14 Crookes Valley Park

One of these would be better http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/.44_Magnum

We do give our American gun toting brethren a hard time sometimes but when you hear about 3 arseholes having a go at what I can only judge on here to be a decent bloke you wonder if they have a point.

Good idea because they don't have armed robberies in the USA.

I told him to ring you Godzilla but will men listen! :( lol

Edited by Rivelin6

Yeah a muggers vs victims arms race probably isn't in anyone's interest to be honest.

Yeah a muggers vs victims arms race probably isn't in anyone's interest to be honest.

So you have to hope they go easy on you and don't batter you to near death, they can't be bothered, or a passer by gets involved. Or give them your hard earned. You might have plenty to give out to scum but I don't.

---------- Post added 22-10-2014 at 20:22 ----------

Best surrender then.

As opposed to in a more armed UK, where you have to hope they don't just shoot you first and take your wallet from your corpse.

I hope Taxman is ok and doesn't let the incident affect him too much. I've been mugged and assaulted a few times (although they never got anything) and its not pleasant :(

I hope Taxman is ok and doesn't let the incident affect him too much. I've been mugged and assaulted a few times (although they never got anything) and its not pleasant :(

Where do you live? :shocked:

Regards

Doom

So you have to hope they go easy on you and don't batter you to near death, they can't be bothered, or a passer by gets involved. Or give them your hard earned.
Ever heard about self-defence (and training for same), tfh? ;)

Styles, intensities and costs to suit all ages and budgets, I'm confident there'll be a class of some description near you :) My daughter and I train TKD, with a 'side-order' of Bojutsu.

Edited by L00b

I used to live there and I'd agree with Dan.

Oh well, that's two of you then so it must be true

Where do you live? :shocked:

Regards

Doom

Once just off Eccie Road and the other time Campo Lane.

10-15 years ago though.

Ever heard about self-defence (and training for same), tfh? ;)

Styles, intensities and costs to suit all ages and budgets, I'm confident there'll be a class of some description near you :) My daughter and I train TKD, with a 'side-order' of Bojutsu.

To be honest, in this day and age I'd not really given that much thought. Have you ever judo-chopped a would-be assailant L00b? Did it work?

To be honest, in this day and age I'd not really given that much thought. Have you ever judo-chopped a would-be assailant L00b? Did it work?

I wonder what the origin of the phrase "Judo chop" is? Judo doesn't (and never has) involved any striking or chopping or kicking. Judo "drop assailant on their head" doesn't role of the tongue though.