Attempted robbery 21/10/14 Crookes Valley Park

I was the victim of an attempted robbery at 7.30 this morning in Crookes Valley Park. Three men approached me and one proceeded to assault me. He left empty handed when I shouted and drew the attention of a passer by.

The police are investigating.

If anybody witnessed the incident can you drop me a PM.

I've walked through the park every morning for the last 4 years without incident but as soon as a I saw these three blokes I was suspicious. It's usually only dog walkers and people going to work out and about at that time of the morning and these were quite obviously neither.

Glad to hear you escaped unscathed.Scary unnerving experience. Thanks be to the passer by for not ignoring your call for help.

Big Hugs Taxman. I feel bad that, as your mum....

Chuffin'ell. If the scrotes are reading this thread, they'll need new pants now they know Godzilla is your mum! :o

Update.

I've had numerous phone calls from the police and victim support so they have been active and taking it seriously but the last call I got was to say that basically they'd come to a dead end. CCTV in the area hadn't come up with anything and neither had the local PCSO's.

To be honest I didn't expect much else. My descriptions of the attackers were vague at best and I'd never seen them, or people like them, in the area at that time ever before.

Just best to put it down to wrong place wrong time. I escaped injury, wasn't robbed and continue to walk the same way to work and back. A one off I reckon.

No compo seeking from this quarter, and thanks to the police because they have genuinely made an effort when a lot of people don't think they do.

Update.

I've had numerous phone calls from the police and victim support so they have been active and taking it seriously but the last call I got was to say that basically they'd come to a dead end. CCTV in the area hadn't come up with anything and neither had the local PCSO's.

To be honest I didn't expect much else. My descriptions of the attackers were vague at best and I'd never seen them, or people like them, in the area at that time ever before.

Just best to put it down to wrong place wrong time. I escaped injury, wasn't robbed and continue to walk the same way to work and back. A one off I reckon.

No compo seeking from this quarter, and thanks to the police because they have genuinely made an effort when a lot of people don't think they do.

Well,at least they didn't accuse you of faking it, so you can claim off the insurance.Like they did me when i got burgled!:roll:

That sounds absolutely terrible. walked in crookes valley park many times for the past few years. scary to think that such a thing could happen there to anyone.