Accident Asda Roundabout 4/10/14 4:50pm

Please excuse my dumbness but were you in the left lane going round the roundabout?

I assumed that as the damage is to the drivers side the Puma driver was in the right hand lane and pulled across to the left hand to go straight up Handsworth.

Edited by SILLY

Please excuse my dumbness but were you in the left lane going round the roundabout?

The OP was in the left lane and going straight on (2nd exit). The Puma driver was in the right hand lane but also went straight on. The right hand hand is NOT for going straight on as can be seen in the link provided by Molar. The Puma driver should have gone right.

Edited by angel22

The OP was in the left lane and going straight on (2nd exit). The Puma driver was in the right hand lane but also went straight on. The right hand hand is NOT for going straight on as can be seen in the link provided by Molar. The Puma driver should have gone right.

Could have been in the left lane going right on the roundabout in question, the left lane can be used for 1st second and third exit.

The OP did say going towards Asda so they would be going right round. However from the right hand lane in the slip road you can go round and still turn off towards Asda in the second lane this one leads to the entrance to Asda and Richmond Park road. So my guess is that the puma driver just pulled across to go straight up instead of using the second lane.

I can't work out how someone can crash into the drivers door whilst the car is on a roundabout like that. But no, I wasn't there.

The OP goes around the roundabout towards Handsworth, in the left hand lane.

The other car tries to go straight on, in the right hand lane.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3777184,-1.3974121,3a,75y,42.33h,66.12t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1sIBWcZNhXLMYsebrXTLTPyw!2e0

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 14:55 ----------

I think your wrong because the OP stated he was on the parkway coming FROM Sheffield

Which would make him correct.

---------- Post added 07-10-2014 at 14:57 ----------

No, 3rd exit for both cars, turning right towards Handsworth.