Accident Asda Roundabout 4/10/14 4:50pm

Hi I was driving towards the asda today around 4:50 pm I came off the parkway coming from sheffield and was going around the round about when a woman in a red ford puma hit my silver toyota avensis. Was just wondering if anyone saw the accident and can be my witness as the other party is not accepting blame

Drivers door and passengers door and front wing

That could be tricky. I know that place well and to me it seems the other driver was already on the roundabout when you entered? If thats the case then i would imagine from recent experience youd be considered at fault.

Any chance you can throw a quick link from Google maps or something showing the location, im certain i know where you mean but it would be good to be 100%

It can't be my fault as we both got onto the roundabout at the same time, I cannot find a link tbh

Are you saying that you came off the parkway in the nearside lane of the sliproad to turn left towards Handsworth, the other car came off at the same time in the offside lane of the slip road and also turned left, at which point the collision occured?

That's about the only way that I can fathom that you know when she joined the roundabout, plus the damage going from offside rear passenger door to front wing.

Are you saying that you came off the parkway in the nearside lane of the sliproad to turn left towards Handsworth, the other car came off at the same time in the offside lane of the slip road and also turned left, at which point the collision occured?

That's about the only way that I can fathom that you know when she joined the roundabout, plus the damage going from offside rear passenger door to front wing.

Your right about coming off at the slip road from the parkway, but there's the junction next to the asda carpark as you have just come through the lights and the one coming up from the white rose, in any case your still right in what you are saying, if you pull out on someone it obvious they are going plough in to the side of your car, but this woman must have turned into him and hit him side on, she must have been wearing Blinkers.

Drivers door and passengers door and front wing

That takes some doing, hitting both sides of the car. Unless by passengers door you mean rear offside door?

That takes some doing, hitting both sides of the car. Unless by passengers door you mean rear offside door?

I assumed the op meant both front and back doors of the drivers side?

Your right about coming off at the slip road from the parkway, but there's the junction next to the asda carpark as you have just come through the lights and the one coming up from the white rose, in any case your still right in what you are saying, if you pull out on someone it obvious they are going plough in to the side of your car, but this woman must have turned into him and hit him side on, she must have been wearing Blinkers.

AH! I'm getting it now, I missed "coming FROM sheffield" - yes, the slip road there has 2 right-turn lanes towards Handsworth, so I'm guessing I was right about the method of collision, just wrong on the slip road.

Ford Puma probably considers that the OP has taken the "wrong lane" as many drivers can't handle the concept of more than one lane for a multi-lane roundabout with multi-lane entrances and exits

Ford Puma probably considers that the OP has taken the "wrong lane" as many drivers can't handle the concept of more than one lane for a multi-lane roundabout with multi-lane entrances and exits

True.

Such a thing is confusing to many local drivers, who are accustomed to driving on our single-carriageway roads.

When faced with a multi-lane road, they tend to panic and drive on all available lanes at the same time.