Christians now fleeing from the islamists Iraq

Is there any chance you could descuss this topic without this unhealthy obsession you appear to have.

Is there any chance you could give a straight answer to a straight question once in your life?

Do you believe that the vast majority of Muslims who follow the teachings of the Qur'an are of no threat?

We already did that, in Syria. Being of swarthy complexion it's hard to differ who is extreme or not.:roll:

Syria didn't pose a risk to use so we shouldn't have interfered, ISIS do pose a risk to us so we should interfere.

Syria didn't pose a risk to use so we shouldn't have interfered, ISIS do pose a risk to us so we should interfere.

Who do you think the Syrian opposition are, the Sheffield & Hallamshire Crown Green Bowling Association?

Who do you think the Syrian opposition are, the Sheffield & Hallamshire Crown Green Bowling Association?

What does that have to do with my statement that we shouldn't have got involved because Syria didn't pose a risk to the UK?

Anybody fancy taking the offer up,

"Central London shoppers were encouraged to 'resettle' in Syria and Iraq"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723703/The-dawn-new-era-begun-ISIS-supporters-hand-leaflets-Oxford-Street-encouraging-people-to-newly-proclaimed-Islamic-State.html#ixzz3AHIswA4g

I bet KJU is positively quaking in his little furry boots in view of Obama's increasing isolationism and diplomatic retreating :hihi:

The US has washed its hands of medium- to wide-scale military interventionism for a good while, and the world's villains know it only too well. Not a dig at the US, just an objective statement. There's a power vacuum developing at the "top", and that creates its own opportunities for those waiting/looking for them. Not least e.g. China, only too happy to let the West gets its collective knickers in a twist over Ukraine and the Middle East at large, whilst it continues plodding on quietly and fairly efficiently throughout Africa and South America.

Sea is an option as IS has some coastal control in Syria and land continuity from there into Iraq. NK also has non-trivial airlifting capacities. Not saying it would happen (or not be prevented by larger players), just that it is physically possible.

If North Korea tried to arm IS then the US would stop it by seizing and/or sinking ships, which would mean no profit and therefore no point trying to do it. It wouldn't be difficult - have a look on a map how far those ship would need to travel before then having to navigate the Strait of Hormuz (which is only 21 miles wide at one point) to get to the Persian Gulf. Transporting any serious equipment by air is also impossible because of the distance and the air space they'd have to fly over.

Ah, so leopards can change their spots after all! :roll:

It isn't a case of a leopard changing it's spots. They may be cut from the same cloth but they are different groups. Wiping out IS in Iraq/Syria will not result in the other Islamic extremist groups/threats going away. In fact, attacking IS will make us more of a target and increase the threat posed by Islamic terrorists in the West. Therefore there is no point in attack IS unless there is something in it for us i.e. we take the spoils of war.

If North Korea tried to arm IS then the US would stop it by seizing and/or sinking ships, which would mean no profit and therefore no point trying to do it.

There would be a profit though because North Korea would demand payment up front.

It isn't a case of a leopard changing it's spots. They may be cut from the same cloth but they are different groups. Wiping out IS in Iraq/Syria will not result in the other Islamic extremist groups/threats going away. In fact, attacking IS will make us more of a target and increase the threat posed by Islamic terrorists in the West. Therefore there is no point in attack IS unless there is something in it for us i.e. we take the spoils of war.

I'm pretty happy for the rest of the world to give ISIS a good working over. They need to be weakened so that they don't get the upper hand. The other Islamic fundamentalist groups can then get on with killing ISIS and ISIS killing them. We need to provide aid and protection for the non Islamic groups who seem to be the innocent victims of Islams war upon itself.

Russia seems to be helping Assad to achieve that equilibrium in Syria.

Anybody fancy taking the offer up,

"Central London shoppers were encouraged to 'resettle' in Syria and Iraq"

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2723703/The-dawn-new-era-begun-ISIS-supporters-hand-leaflets-Oxford-Street-encouraging-people-to-newly-proclaimed-Islamic-State.html#ixzz3AHIswA4g

Nobody took up the offer then?

Just goes to show that not all Muslims are in support of isis extremists.

I'm pretty happy for the rest of the world to give ISIS a good working over. They need to be weakened so that they don't get the upper hand. The other Islamic fundamentalist groups can then get on with killing ISIS and ISIS killing them. We need to provide aid and protection for the non Islamic groups who seem to be the innocent victims of Islams war upon itself.

Russia seems to be helping Assad to achieve that equilibrium in Syria.

I e no problem with the rest of the world giving IS a working over or paying for the humanitarian effort. I just don't want this country throwing money and lives at a problem that only brings grief and no reward. If we are going to stick our nose in then we need to get something out... otherwise leave them to it.

I e no problem with the rest of the world giving IS a working over or paying for the humanitarian effort. I just don't want this country throwing money and lives at a problem that only brings grief and no reward. If we are going to stick our nose in then we need to get something out... otherwise leave them to it.

It seems they are upsetting the Arab world.

http://www.pewglobal.org/2014/07/01/concerns-about-islamic-extremism-on-the-rise-in-middle-east/

I'm good with a UN action to blast the crap out of the whole lot of them and then leave the region to fight it out amongst themselves.