2015/16 recommended tradesmen MEGATHREAD no advertising/self promotion

Aqua

Good Morning all

I looking for a mobile window cleaner that covers Sheffield as well as Chesterfield any good reviews or recommendations welcomed.

Thanks all

It dont work like that in sheffield or chesterfield mate . :loopy::loopy:

When in the big city be carfefull whos toes you tread on

Edited by spider1

Hey guys!

I need a brickie in to do a couple of little jobs. It's not a trade I know much about, so I wanted to see if there were any decent recommendations from the forum.

I have three little-ish jobs that need doing.

1) I need an extra level of step put in to the steps between my back door and the garden - I've got a flagstone for it, I think it's just a single layer of about 10 bricks and some leveling.

2) I need the hole where my old boiler's vent (big metal square one) went through my external wall. The last boiler had a circular flue, but the last-but-one had a square one. When the previous change was done, the exterior wall was bricked up, but the internal one wasn't, and I only found out when my plumber took the old boxing off my kitchen wall. The interior wall is exposed down to the bricks and mortar and it just needs filling. Slightly tricky because the pipes are in front of it and there's a circular flue in the middle of the gap now.

3) Two external bricks (I'm sure they were there last week!) have disappeared from my wall, leaving it open to the weather. I need these bricks replacing (it's literally two bricks) and then some sort of weather-proof paint reapplied (which I know is only painting, but it's higher up than I can reach).

None of these are jobs that I'd be happy doing myself (well, maybe the step, but if I'm getting someone round...) and I've never hired a brickie before.

Anyone know any good ones? What sort of hourly rate I might be looking at etc? Any advice gratefully received!

We would like some external wall insulation (EWI) installing . Preferably upvc cladding with insulation behind it. But any type of external insulation would be great.

Does anyone have recommendations of someone they have used for this?

I need a reliable builder or brick layer who is available to carry out some work straight away!

It is a retaining wall that measures 6ft by 12ft.

The existing wall is stone and I need it replacing with a breeze block wall with a foundation.

Any recommendations much appreciated :)

I have been trying to support local tradesmen but so far not had any luck!

Sheffield S35 area

thank you