Ukip. All discussion here please.

Check last week's vote in the EU when it was proposed we take a load of the immigrants from Lybia! Think you will find all the UKIP MEPs voted against!
I have news: being an MEP means attending and voting on most issues tabled for vote at the EU Parliament and, for British MEPs, particularly those issues that have a direct or indirect impact of any sort on the UK, irrespective of the issue topic. For instance, this (surprise surprise :roll::hihi:). Not just those issues and votes that relate to the party's hobby horse, as part and parcel of the party's PR machine.

By the way, Janice Atkinson WAS suspended - and then expelled! As happens with anyone who steps out of line.
I mentioned her as a typical example, not the only one. She just happened to be caught, and this close to the GE Farage had no manoeuvring room but to kick her out. I fully expect many (most?) others are still at it just the same - not exclusively UKIP MEPs, not exclusively British MEPs either. Edited by L00b

Farage is doing the terrorists work for them here.........by spreading the word and increasing the fears,plucking numbers out of nowhere and saying there is nothing that will stop those people from coming..........this is music to terrorists ears,Farage is not only fearmongering about immigrants,he is fearmongering about terrorists,he is helping to do what terrorists aim to do.......make ordinary people live in fear of terror.

no i think you will find its the terrorists that increasing the fear, just ask anyone about Paris, Tunisia, Madrid,London, Sydney & others now possibly Germany judging by the news this morning?? Farage is doing nothing more than highlighting how our current immigration policy makes an increase of terrorists a certain likelyhood....not really hard to understand is it?

Looking at the election forecasts it seems that we are certainly heading for a hung parliament with UKIP perhaps taking 12% of the vote.

nationwide they have no hope of getting that. 10% would be brilliant. But it is more likely to be quite a bit less than 10%.

they have not had a good campaign and UKIP have not stood up to scrutiny really. The voters are not stupid.

You can get 3-1 on less than 10% of the vote. Put your money where your mouth is! ;)

Saw Nigel on the telly last night ,I thought he was very impressive answering every question with a logical and sensible answer.Not sure about his party though,feel we would be voting for the man rather than the party,I feel he is too valuable a politician to be lost after the electorate votes,wish he could join either labour or the Tories and push his beliefs through.

As one of the 4 million ( fair chunk of the electorate ) drooling morons I will still be voting UKIP and the lefties can call me any names they want.

I pose this question: The UK aid budget is £11billion, that equates to approximately £170 for every man, woman and child in this country ( latest pop census ). Now if you gave that £170 to every person/family and said donate or spend as you see fit how many do you think would donate. OR do you think that some families with lots of kids and a windfall of £1000 and over may spend it on a new TV or a holiday. You would be lucky if 10% donated, the rest would say they did but keep the money. I would like the £170 so I can donate to who I want to instead of for example donating to Robert Mugabes £10million palace which he built with UK aid. Before you have a pop at me I gave £20 to the DEC for Nepal, of course you only have my word for that, because they are a poor country who have suffered through no fault of their own and you never see Nepalese trying to jump trucks in Calais, strange that !!.

.Not sure about his party though,feel we would be voting for the man rather than the party

Not heard of Suzanne Evans, Louise Bours, Tim Aker etc?

:):)

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 15:57 ----------

As one of the 4 million ( fair chunk of the electorate ) drooling morons I will still be voting UKIP and the lefties can call me any names they want.

I pose this question: The UK aid budget is £11billion, that equates to approximately £170 for every man, woman and child in this country ( latest pop census ). Now if you gave that £170 to every person/family and said donate or spend as you see fit how many do you think would donate. OR do you think that some families with lots of kids and a windfall of £1000 and over may spend it on a new TV or a holiday. You would be lucky if 10% donated, the rest would say they did but keep the money. I would like the £170 so I can donate to who I want to instead of for example donating to Robert Mugabes £10million palace which he built with UK aid. Before you have a pop at me I gave £20 to the DEC for Nepal, of course you only have my word for that, because they are a poor country who have suffered through no fault of their own and you never see Nepalese trying to jump trucks in Calais, strange that !!.

Quite right panzer1 - I was/am also one of the four million+ and don't care who knows it.

:):)

How do you know that? What evidence do you have that all the migrants are all low-skilled? Some I've seen interviewed on TV seem to be well educated with good English.

I would assume there isn't much point wasting time doing TV interviews with those who are illiterate.

no i think you will find its the terrorists that increasing the fear, just ask anyone about Paris, Tunisia, Madrid,London, Sydney & others now possibly Germany judging by the news this morning?? Farage is doing nothing more than highlighting how our current immigration policy makes an increase of terrorists a certain likelyhood....not really hard to understand is it?

Obviously you've not read the Factcheck about what farage said then.

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/fact-checking-nigel-farage-will-eus.html

Here it is again

And he wasn't highlighting current immigration policy........he was commenting on the EU policy to migrant boats.

Edited by chalga

Obviously you've not read the Factcheck about what farage said then.

http://eulawanalysis.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/fact-checking-nigel-farage-will-eus.html

Here it is again

And he wasn't highlighting current immigration policy........he was commenting on the EU policy to migrant boats.

nothing more than another forum by the look of it, the piece is by someone with their opinion and interpretation:roll:

UKIP advert in Look Local says it all, along with Frederick1 will be voting UKIP.

---------- Post added 01-05-2015 at 19:44 ----------

UKIP advert in free paper "look Local" very interesting reading last local election results UKIP 8842, Labour 7463 Tories 3761 LibDems 2367 so UKIP MP possible in Ecclesfield/Penistone area. Also got Labour flyer, only time you ever hear from her is election time. The trouble with Labour is they have never done any, they went to uni then straight into politics, live in houses with more than 1 KITCHEN. They have no idea what the working man cares about. The reasons for voting Labour are

1 You are on benefits or

2 You want to be on benefits because these are the only people they care about.

The Labour party used to be men who had worked as miners/shipbuilders/steelworkers and knew what mattered to the working man, this current lot are a poor imitation and have absolutely no idea about work or the working man.

There are 5 UKIP votes in my house and with Frederick1 that makes 6, see even us drooling morons can add up.

The Labour party used to be men who had worked as miners/shipbuilders/steelworkers......

Nigel Farage was happy enough to join Thatcher's Tory Party after she had put a lot of the above on the dole. It wasn't right-wing enough for him though. After his working class public school education and his job as a working class trader in the city, he gave it up for a life as an MEP at the taxpayers' expense.

the only difference between him and labour is which wing they are on. He is on the right and Labour is on the left, my point still stands in that none of labour have ever been a "working man/family" which they spout about and I still have only 1 kitchen.