Ukip. All discussion here please.

Al Murray is standing against Farage, giving the voters of Thanet South two beer-swilling bigots to choose from. Will voters go for the comedian or will they go for Murray?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-kent-30819779

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:10 ----------

Really? Did you not notice that there was a PCC by-election just a couple of months ago?

Have you noticed that few posts from people opposing Farage cant help but throw insults but little substance?

Its wasted,them days have gone!

Because Farage never insults anyone. You Kippers can dish it out but you can't take it.

Farage insults to protect your rights,your jobs and sometimes even revenge,but one thing is for sure the other partys don't have your best interests at heart both of them are just damp rags and have no place running a country.

As a matter of interest. Who do you think will win in Thanet?

I have never visited the place so have no idea. The Tories were ahead there the last time I read a poll. I imagine that during the election campaign when people will have to decide whether they want Cameron or Miliband for PM then the Tories will pick up votes from UKIP especially if it looks like UKIP will get just a few seats.

So my guess would be Tory rather than the pub ranter (Farage, not Murray).

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:47 ----------

Farage insults to protect your rights,your jobs and sometimes even revenge......

Talking of revenge here's a nice example of UKIP leafleting someone and his neighbours because he didn't like UKIP;

"This is the letter written to one voter and his neighbours by the secretary of Ukip’s Dartford branch.

"Brian Kemp, 58, a history teacher, said he received the letter after a confrontation with a leafletter in which he accused Ukip of being a racist party - and neighbours confirmed they had received it too.

"Dear Sir,” it begins. “"I feel the need to write to you at [address] to get an understanding of why someone at your property made a verbal insult on the 6th January 2015 to me.

“I also, in the interest of free speech and public duty, felt the need to pass a copy of this letter to every immediate neighbour of yours, for their own information and protection.”

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/politics/ukip/11342000/Disagree-with-Ukip-Get-ready-for-some-angry-mail.html

---------- Post added 14-01-2015 at 17:48 ----------

Farage insults to protect....your jobs.....

By employing his German wife.

And I'm sure Bernard Manning's insults were all part of the joke.

Do the ends really justify the means?

tell me something,when have you ever heard camaroon or slimy speak and ever thought this man has my interests and my country at heart?

The fact is neither of them can answer a single question without squirming in their seats with avoidance and bullcrap.

heres a good example of slimy spending time speaking and saying apsolutely nothing.

Firightened to death of Farage they are.He outclasses them at every turn.

tell me something,when have you ever heard camaroon or slimy speak and ever thought this man has my interests and my country at heart?

The fact is neither of them can answer a single question without squirming in their seats with avoidance and bullcrap.

heres a good example of slimy spending time speaking and saying apsolutely nothing.

Firightened to death of Farage they are.He outclasses them at every turn.

Maybe you should watch that episode of Panorama where Nigel Farage squirmed and did all he could to avoid the questions.

I'd have more respect for farage if he didn't keep repeated making gaffes. I put "Farage apologise" into Google and got loads of results:

Nigel Farage apologises to couple for South East MEP's 'offensive' term

UKIP leader Nigel Farage apologises after appearing to take sides with 'democratic' Iran against a 'conspiracy' by western powers intent on 'world domination'

Farage apologises over 'ting tong'

Farage apologises for tax avoidance ‘mistake’

Farage apologises for UKIP Calypso song

Nigel Farage Apologises For UKIP

Defiant Nigel Farage apologises to bank clerks

Nigel Farage says he’s apologised to Lenny Henry

Most of those headlines came from this year. How can one man make so many gaffes? How many more serious or dangerous mistakes could he make if he was in power?

Maybe you should watch that episode of Panorama where Nigel Farage squirmed and did all he could to avoid the questions.

I'd have more respect for farage if he didn't keep repeated making gaffes. I put "Farage apologise" into Google and got loads of results:

Nigel Farage apologises to couple for South East MEP's 'offensive' term

UKIP leader Nigel Farage apologises after appearing to take sides with 'democratic' Iran against a 'conspiracy' by western powers intent on 'world domination'

Farage apologises over 'ting tong'

Farage apologises for tax avoidance ‘mistake’

Farage apologises for UKIP Calypso song

Nigel Farage Apologises For UKIP

Defiant Nigel Farage apologises to bank clerks

Nigel Farage says he’s apologised to Lenny Henry

Most of those headlines came from this year. How can one man make so many gaffes? How many more serious or dangerous mistakes could he make if he was in power?

have a read of the comments left by people not bias newspapers

Edited by Xt500

I came across these official stats recently:

Europe asylum applications, Jan-July 2014:

Germany: 94,200

Sweden: 41,250

France: 36,680

Italy: 30,755

U.K.: 17,505

Top four countries account for 70 per cent of all applications

Source: Eurostat and German interior ministry

in this article about PEGIDA in Germany.

Just to plant a little bit of factual information in the thread, as no doubt the issue will be kicked up again soon, the nearer we draw to the GE :)