The Conservative Party - all discussion here please.

There is no "explanation" to give. He is not guilty of anything yet and the EDL have simply alleged something. Something that the person concerned completely denies.

Some of like to wait for the facts to emerge before having an opinion.

Since you are jumping in with both feet Mecky.... Anything you can do eh?

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/20/labour-disqualifies-130-halifax-party-members-linda-riordan

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2015/mar/16/karie-murphy-fails-to-make-labour-candidate-shortlist-for-key-halifax-seat

http://www.thesundaytimes.co.uk/sto/news/Politics/article1531304.ece

Edited by ECCOnoob

From Del - Unedited:

George Osborne may be remembered for a lot of things in the years to come, when the dust has finally settled upon the rubble that was once the welfare state and the NHS, but very few, if in fact any of those memories will be good, or live fondly on in anybodies mind apart from the most black hearted of Tories.

It is ironic that George recently refashioned his hair into that of the style of Julies Caesar, for never will you see such an insignificant little man more intoxicated and drunk on his own perceived success than George Osborne, the former towel folder who for no more good a reason than being David Camerons dandy school buddy and fellow member of the lower class tormenting, restaurant trashing, Bullingdon social club, was now sitting behind the desk of the second highest office in the land, and was, and still is intent on poisoning the well from which the majority of Britain drink from.

First of all you have to understand that George is little more than a spiv and a teller of very tall tales. Never in my lifetime have I seen or heard such strategically worded boasts, or figures that have been so manipulated and spun in every direction that trying to get, let's say get the true figures on unemployment ! is now on the same level as trying to find the holy grail, because they now count unemployment as people not claiming, or more importantly not receiving job seekers allowance benefit. But the government’s number crunching experts leave out, or gloss over little details of certain facts, like let's say, the tens of thousands that are on a benefit sanction at any one month, these people are not included in the unemployment figures, or the thousands that are told to open a little e bay shop and then claim working tax credits, or those thousands that are still waiting to receive JSA or are pushed onto pointless workfare training schemes.

Some of course will point to the fact that George has led his people to the promised land of economic growth and prosperity, but again sadly this is just another trick of the light, and even if you did your best to ignore the fact that upon his crowning as chancellor in 2010 when he then dragged the country away from economic growth and the real shoots of recovery to a double dip recession and the slowest recovery in British history, even if you ignore the fact that George has constantly moved the goal posts of all his pre election targets, and refuses point blank to discuss the next round of savage cuts should the country let the sly old Tory fox back in the hen house for another massacre come May.

If you ignore all of these facts and just shine a single spot light on the one shining fact that George has finally got our economy growing again then all his sins should be washed away !! The only problem is that this tiny bit of economic growth that George has to show for the grinding austerity inflicted on the majority of the country these last five years, is mainly fuelled by his artificial stimulants to the housing market, consumer spending and your household debt.In fact the long term plan of Osborne is to transfer a huge chunk of the countries debt into your own personal debt in the shape of houses and cars and loans, the more debt the better, just as long as you can make the re payments each month, you only have to look at the amount of small loan companies now operating in Britain to realise that personal debt is a booming and thriving business, that of course only the poor and working classes are in need of.No wonder that the people behind Wonga are Tory donors.

George also boasted on Wednesday that the normal Tory slaughter lands of the North of England were now thanks to him the ""powerhouse "" of England !! it struck me that George may have been having a private little joke when you think that powerhouse sounds awfully similar to poorhouse and that grand old Tory tradition of financially raping the north and leaving it to rot has been carried on with some gusto by George, as a simple check of the books tell you that the North has taken 75% bigger council cuts than the South, tax credits have been slashed in the North West more than any other region and 25 times more money is spent on transport in London than the North East, and the North of England now has the biggest trade in foodbanks apart from some of the bonnie cities of Scotland . I for one prefer the honesty of Osborne’s father-in-law Lord Howell, who last year argued we should restrict the nation’s fracking to the bleak and “desolate” North. At least Lord Howell didn't try to hide his disdain of Northern folk.

The truth about George's so called recovery is that it is pretty much restricted to the one square mile of London where the bankers and hedge funders reside, and when in years to come I think about George Osborne I will think that here was a man who refused to introduce a mansion tax but gave us a bedroom tax, a man that fought for huge banking bonuses in the European courts, but would not call for wealthy companies to pay at least a living wage to their employees, a man who gave the highest earners a tax break, but would not give our nurses a 1% pay rise, a man who increased the wealth of the top 1% by 56% over five years and gave the rest of us grinding austerity at the exact same time, a man who gave the people living in the working class areas of cities like Liverpool and Sheffield an average loss of £329 per head in council funding, compared with the average £27 per head loss in the wealthy Tory heartlands like Oxfordshire and Wokingham, a man who gave gave gave to wealthy pensioners and took took took away from ordinary young people, a man who ran his office like it was a cash vending machine for the wealthy, while using it as a big club to beat around the heads of the non wealthy and the down right poor.

George Osborne is a narrow minded, bigoted idiot, but that does not mean that he is not a dangerous, narrow minded, bigoted idiot....

From Del - Unedited:

George Osborne may be remembered for a lot of things in the years to come, when the dust has finally settled upon the rubble that was once the welfare state and the NHS, but very few, if in fact any of those memories will be good, or live fondly on in anybodies mind apart from the most black hearted of Tories.

It is ironic that George recently refashioned his hair into that of the style of Julies Caesar, for never will you see such an insignificant little man more intoxicated and drunk on his own perceived success than George Osborne, the former towel folder who for no more good a reason than being David Camerons dandy school buddy and fellow member of the lower class tormenting, restaurant trashing, Bullingdon social club, was now sitting behind the desk of the second highest office in the land, and was, and still is intent on poisoning the well from which the majority of Britain drink from.

First of all you have to understand that George is little more than a spiv and a teller of very tall tales. Never in my lifetime have I seen or heard such strategically worded boasts, or figures that have been so manipulated and spun in every direction that trying to get, let's say get the true figures on unemployment ! is now on the same level as trying to find the holy grail, because they now count unemployment as people not claiming, or more importantly not receiving job seekers allowance benefit. But the government’s number crunching experts leave out, or gloss over little details of certain facts, like let's say, the tens of thousands that are on a benefit sanction at any one month, these people are not included in the unemployment figures, or the thousands that are told to open a little e bay shop and then claim working tax credits, or those thousands that are still waiting to receive JSA or are pushed onto pointless workfare training schemes.

Some of course will point to the fact that George has led his people to the promised land of economic growth and prosperity, but again sadly this is just another trick of the light, and even if you did your best to ignore the fact that upon his crowning as chancellor in 2010 when he then dragged the country away from economic growth and the real shoots of recovery to a double dip recession and the slowest recovery in British history, even if you ignore the fact that George has constantly moved the goal posts of all his pre election targets, and refuses point blank to discuss the next round of savage cuts should the country let the sly old Tory fox back in the hen house for another massacre come May.

If you ignore all of these facts and just shine a single spot light on the one shining fact that George has finally got our economy growing again then all his sins should be washed away !! The only problem is that this tiny bit of economic growth that George has to show for the grinding austerity inflicted on the majority of the country these last five years, is mainly fuelled by his artificial stimulants to the housing market, consumer spending and your household debt.In fact the long term plan of Osborne is to transfer a huge chunk of the countries debt into your own personal debt in the shape of houses and cars and loans, the more debt the better, just as long as you can make the re payments each month, you only have to look at the amount of small loan companies now operating in Britain to realise that personal debt is a booming and thriving business, that of course only the poor and working classes are in need of.No wonder that the people behind Wonga are Tory donors.

George also boasted on Wednesday that the normal Tory slaughter lands of the North of England were now thanks to him the ""powerhouse "" of England !! it struck me that George may have been having a private little joke when you think that powerhouse sounds awfully similar to poorhouse and that grand old Tory tradition of financially raping the north and leaving it to rot has been carried on with some gusto by George, as a simple check of the books tell you that the North has taken 75% bigger council cuts than the South, tax credits have been slashed in the North West more than any other region and 25 times more money is spent on transport in London than the North East, and the North of England now has the biggest trade in foodbanks apart from some of the bonnie cities of Scotland . I for one prefer the honesty of Osborne’s father-in-law Lord Howell, who last year argued we should restrict the nation’s fracking to the bleak and “desolate” North. At least Lord Howell didn't try to hide his disdain of Northern folk.

The truth about George's so called recovery is that it is pretty much restricted to the one square mile of London where the bankers and hedge funders reside, and when in years to come I think about George Osborne I will think that here was a man who refused to introduce a mansion tax but gave us a bedroom tax, a man that fought for huge banking bonuses in the European courts, but would not call for wealthy companies to pay at least a living wage to their employees, a man who gave the highest earners a tax break, but would not give our nurses a 1% pay rise, a man who increased the wealth of the top 1% by 56% over five years and gave the rest of us grinding austerity at the exact same time, a man who gave the people living in the working class areas of cities like Liverpool and Sheffield an average loss of £329 per head in council funding, compared with the average £27 per head loss in the wealthy Tory heartlands like Oxfordshire and Wokingham, a man who gave gave gave to wealthy pensioners and took took took away from ordinary young people, a man who ran his office like it was a cash vending machine for the wealthy, while using it as a big club to beat around the heads of the non wealthy and the down right poor.

George Osborne is a narrow minded, bigoted idiot, but that does not mean that he is not a dangerous, narrow minded, bigoted idiot....

Zeez! PHD thesis?

Yes, I wonder why Berberis???

:):)

My question kinda goes hand in hand with the thread I started about feeling pressured to vote for a particular party. I'm interested in the reasons why some people hate the Tory party.

On the radio while driving to work, I heard again the comments of someone saying their family always votes labour. However this person was saying they wanted to make their own decision, which made me smile. In conjunction with this another your woman was saying she would not vote because the parties say they will do one thing but change their mind a few months after being elected. I was annoyed the interviewer didn't push her on this question and ask for examples as I'm adamant she was just regurgitating other peoples comments.