Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

Hiya all. I was there from 71 - 76, left Sheffield a long time ago & lost contact with all my old mates, would love to hear from any of the following :- Paul Rodgers, Ashley Kay, Chris Shaw, Russell/Chris Hartley, Phil Bloy or any one else from form M.

heh.. yeah i went to rollo from 75-80 and hated the place.. we have a view it was a social experiment run by a bunch of hippies.. they simply couldn't cope with anyone who was smart but not part of the middle class elite from abbey lane and the like

as one of said 'jordo undesirables' i'd like to add my 'two pennorth' to the growing list of dissenters in support of englands son.. riki you are totally out of order posting that type of thing on here mate.. alex is a nice enough lass .. she hasn't exactly had an easy run.

Has anybody seen the superb tv comedy series the Inbetweeners. Its like watching a re-run of some of my days at Rolo. Enthusiasm for everything including girls but usually ending in dismal failure. So imagine when a few years after leaving I came across one of the loveliest ex Rolo girls stood alone outside the Crazy Daisy. After a brief chat she asked if I would like to walk her home. My first thought was S8s a long way and I cant believe this is happening to me. Fortunately she was staying close to town. As we reached the doorstep we kissed goodnight a couple of times. I then braved the question if there was a chance I could see her again. The silence was deafening before she said she couldnt, this was slightly just better than a knock back. As the door closed, still on a high I went and fell over gashed my knee and ruined my best Cecil Gee strides. I later heard she had a boyfriend and may be ships passing in the night was all it was meant to be.

Does anyone remember Michelle and Peter Cartwright who I think went to Rowlinson in the mid 80's. They lived on Batemoor.

Both my Sisters and Brother went to Rowlinson in the 80's and I do recognise some of the names on here. I went to Meadowhead as it was a college by the time it was my Turn.

Debbie, Jo-anne and Jarrod Steel?

My Dad stilll lives on the estate.

Can anyone recommend a visit to any of the pubs south of The Abbey over the holiday period. Im thinking of the Norton or the Greenhill village pubs and even the Batemoor if its still open. I'm sure a few of Rowlinsons finest are still drinking in this area. For those in the Walkley and Crookes region Malc Sissons is now also running the Hadfield at Commonside. Finally a Happy Christmas to you all.

I spent a term here in summer 1986 doing supply teaching . I remember a wonderful bunch of polite,hard working,academically gifted young people

.There were about 8 pairs of identical twins which gave me much confusion.:roll:

I was sometimes referred to as 'Mr.Cheeseburger'- no idea why!

Both my Sisters and Brother went to Rowlinson in the 80's and I do recognise some of the names on here. I went to Meadowhead as it was a college by the time it was my Turn.

Debbie, Jo-anne and Jarrod Steel?

My Dad stilll lives on the estate.

I know Joanne, she was in my form, ask her if she remembers Lisa D

I know Joanne, she was in my form, ask her if she remembers Lisa D

Ill ask her, Im seeing her over Xmas!!

For those of a certain age on saturday The Star reported the recent death of our old Deputy Head Cyril Askham. also known as Toj after the Japanese emporer. He was 95 What an innings. If caning had been a sport he would have captained Great Britain at the Olympics, without the need to complain about the lack of training facilities.

NICE ONE CYRIL

For those of a certain age on saturday The Star reported the recent death of our old Deputy Head Cyril Askham. also known as Toj after the Japanese emporer. He was 95 What an innings. If caning had been a sport he would have captained Great Britain at the Olympics, without the need to complain about the lack of training facilities.

NICE ONE CYRIL

He loved dishing that cane out, I had more than a few wacks off him.

95 is not a bad innings.

God Bless him.

May he rest in peace.