Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

The only 2 i remember out of that lot were Sean Saunders and Wombat. Who are you?

I remember Gus, Blondie, Graham Hoyland to name but a few.

The only 2 i remember out of that lot were Sean Saunders and Wombat. Who are you?

I remember Gus, Blondie, Graham Hoyland to name but a few.

I am Rob Stroud - you probably don't remember me either!! I was in the same class as Sean Saunders - I remember the name Graham Hoyland but can't remember what he looked like. I lived at Herdings not too far from the Water Tower - Another couple of names that have come back to me are Robert Pilgrim and Martin (?) Rawson - it was an odd thing that in our form group we had to sit next to the person who was next to us in the register so people tended to make friends with people who were closest alphabetically

I am Rob Stroud - you probably don't remember me either!! I was in the same class as Sean Saunders - I remember the name Graham Hoyland but can't remember what he looked like. I lived at Herdings not too far from the Water Tower - Another couple of names that have come back to me are Robert Pilgrim and Martin (?) Rawson - it was an odd thing that in our form group we had to sit next to the person who was next to us in the register so people tended to make friends with people who were closest alphabetically

Sorry no, i dont remember your name but probably would recognise you, i seem to remember faces better.

I was one of the first year of girls when it turned comprehensive so obviously looked at faces rather than remembered names!

I was in the last year that it was a technical school (ie you had to pass the 11+ to get there). The year after mine was the first comprehensive year, and the year after that was the first mixed year. The people in my class included Staurt Smith, Eddie Camplin, Max Sharman, Ian Wright, Martin Westby, Ian Black, Martin Clarke, Dave Hill, Jon Knight, Mick London, Shaun Murphy, Andrew Turner, Alan Jacobs, Ian Ibbotson, Tony Howard, Sean Saunders - and other in my year were Roy Hale, Pete Schofield (George), Richard Utley, and a few others I will remember when I have finished this post. Notorious people from the comprehensive years included Martin Williams (Wombat to his friends - and his enemies!) and his entourage, again, their names will come back to me after I have finished.

Still see wombat , he's done well for himself and is a devoted father and grandfather .

Sorry no, i dont remember your name but probably would recognise you, i seem to remember faces better.

I was one of the first year of girls when it turned comprehensive so obviously looked at faces rather than remembered names!

My first snog was with one of the first year of girls at Rowlinson but I wouldn't say who it was - blush

Still see wombat , he's done well for himself and is a devoted father and grandfather .

I remember him well - he used to live near the John O'Gaunt pub on Blackstock Road - he was terrifying. When he was 12, there were students in the 6th form 17 years old who were frightened of him - and quite a few teachers were afraid to tackle him! Pleased that he is ok though - I heard he went through a bit of a rough patch after he left school.

My first snog was with one of the first year of girls at Rowlinson but I wouldn't say who it was - blush

Oh go on give us a laugh I need cheering up today!

Ive had a right good old chin wag and laugh since joining this forum. Its good to remember the old days, it brings back right memories.

Oh go on give us a laugh I need cheering up today!

Ive had a right good old chin wag and laugh since joining this forum. Its good to remember the old days, it brings back right memories.

Her initials were O R - that narrows it down a lot!! Not many girls with a first name beginning with O

Her initials were O R - that narrows it down a lot!! Not many girls with a first name beginning with O

and by the way she was very nice and deserved to be treated better than I treated her - but I was young then - I didn't do anything really bad, just sort of dropped her suddenlt after one date, but she deserved much better

I was at Rowlinson from 1968 to 1975 - right the way through the re-building of the drama hall, the addition of the swimming pool and the sports centre - it was a real transformation but the downside was that for over a year we had to have our horrible school diner at Jordanthorpe school and get beaten up every day. After a few weeks we gave it a miss and started eating at the chip shop at Meadowhead - was it Cranes or Cranns or something like that? It became a Chinese later on but we used to have sausage and chips in a paper bag and then go to the sweet shop for a bar of chocolate. When we got to the sixth form, it was the Norton for a pint - the teachers in one bar and the pupils in the other, out of quiet respect, except for Dave Dawson, Dave Sanderson, Simon Morris, Mike Trevorrow and Chris Hawes - they used to drink with us.

Dave Dawson is still around and took early retirement from teaching but

still lives in the Hunterbar area.

David Sanderson is still around and teaches at Birkdale (one of my children is taught by him) partime!

O R ? Cant remember anyone with those initials. Cant even think of many girls names beginning with O.

Come on its years ago, just tell. Whats the chance she is reading this?

O R ? Cant remember anyone with those initials. Cant even think of many girls names beginning with O.

Come on its years ago, just tell. Whats the chance she is reading this?

ok - but if she comes running after me to sling me up I blame you - Olwyn Roden - do you remember her?