Anybody here go to Rowlinson School?

I was in 'D' & left in '77 also. Shame they managed to teach me sod all or I could have been running the country by now! On second thoughts maybe that was a blessing in disguise.

Hahaha. Same here my friend. lol :=)

Anybody from here go to Rowlinson ?

I went there from 1973 to 1976 :D

Regards CB

UP THE BLADES

Went to Rowlinson from 64 to 69 - many memories.

I went to Rowlinson 1962-70. It's good to read this thread and to remember some of the names. I was sad to hear that Todge has died, even though the only time I got the cane was when he was in charge because Yak (Mr Kay) was away. It was for writing in the condensation on the windows.

I was in Chantry and remember this part of the register: Akers, Allen, Armstrong, Asbery, Barton, Beardshaw, Boule, Cousins, Deeley, Hall, Hardy, Hayes, Hobson, Laurenceson, Lee, McCully,. McMullen, Nicholas, Oldham, Price ...

Only recently viewed your message having posted a few asking about Rowlinson. I was in the class you mentioned, and remember a few more names. Merv Oldham ( Polo) whom I Knocked about with for some years.

Les Beardshaw, Ian Allen, Machin, Akers, Pete Cousins who I work with.

Alan Tumman, Teasdale.

My mother was very friendly with your mother and father since she worked for them at Hemsworth School.

I remember the tuck shop, jammie dodgers were a penny each I think.

Also remember two guys in another house, same year. One had a Heinkel Mescherscmidt and the other came in a Isetta bubble car, I had one of the first Yamaha motor cycles and left it in the bike sheds during the day.

Went to Rowlinson from 64 to 69 - many memories.

Same years as me stevie 64-69 , I was in Osbourne , I just restored an old form photo from Rollo and 1 from Bradway County on low Edges which prompted me to search for posts about the old schools.Time flies doesn't it lol.

I went to rowlinson from 1962 to '67. I was in Huntsman with Jonathan Ash, Phil Markham, John Barker, Ken Nettleship, Mick Lunt, Jonathon Wright, Gordon Brindley, Dave Mason. I'm Keith Williams, Does anyone remember me or can anyone fill in the gaps. I bump into Mr. Garnett now and again, he still lives at high storrs.

Hi Yamdave. I was in Huntsman . I bumped into Merv Oldham later on in 1973 and we became firm friends but Merv had a car accident about 20 years ago and ended up with brain damage, and although he could chat all day about the past he doesn't have a short term memory and is in a care home in York now

Does Mick Lunt have a daughter called Cathy?

I went to rowlinson from 1962 to '67. I was in Huntsman with Jonathan Ash, Phil Markham, John Barker, Ken Nettleship, Mick Lunt, Jonathon Wright, Gordon Brindley, Dave Mason. I'm Keith Williams, Does anyone remember me or can anyone fill in the gaps. I bump into Mr. Garnett now and again, he still lives at high storrs.

Chalky,not been on forum for some time and only just seen your reply. Sorry to hear about Merv, do you know if he is still in York?

Hi Yamdave. I was in Huntsman . I bumped into Merv Oldham later on in 1973 and we became firm friends but Merv had a car accident about 20 years ago and ended up with brain damage, and although he could chat all day about the past he doesn't have a short term memory and is in a care home in York now

Best wishes to all of Rowlinsons finest. I spent last sunday drowning my sorrows in Malc Sissons new hostelry The Cricketers on Bramall Lane with some of rolos old boys. then after a few it was off to the Bessemer for a northern soul sunday session for quite a few more. Have'nt heard some those sounds since my Nether Edge Hall days. A bonus was Chris Brooke from my year did a dj ing spot. To round the night off all the young supporters were having a punch up outside while the old 50 somethings were dancing to Baby I Need Your Loving. Just about says it all.

I remember Holmes, a real B@#$%rd used to let the kids smoke at the bottom of the sports field. After my first post I got to remeniscing and remembered heaps of names.

Barker:- Big moustache, had a dog and used to go through the slops after lunch to find meat for it,

Ms's Graal and LeRoy Taught french one was a real honey the other should have worn a government health warning, no one has a right to be that ugly.

Holt "Bolt":- Physics poor begger used to lose the plot dead easy and throw tantrums like a two year old.

Ibbottson:_ Liked smacking boys on the botty with a slipper or paddle

Askham:- deputy head, Hit man for below Think I wore out a few of his canes.

CV Kay :- died less than one year after retiring 1968 ish

Then there was the temp woodwork teacher who put his hand through the power planer and sprayed blood and fingers all over the woodwork room windows.

i was at stallag rowlinson when it was boys only :( ...managed to break free in 1963 from form 4T(what a crew):hihi:but still have not so fond memories of "todge " Askam,s cane and CV Kay,s sermons. had some great times though with "woodie","netts","pieface" et al .....come on you BLADES.

Hi Yamdave, As far as I know merv is still in york but I'll try to verify as I would like to see him. I must know you from school, as you know I'm keith Williams. What's your name? Regards