World snooker competition tournament 2014

Lucky you! I bought tickets for my husband and son as a present, for last weekend. They'd have really liked to see the Rocket live!

Who'd they see play?

I've seen Ronnie play twice. Once was front row against John Higgins. You can almost touch the cue from the front row. It's quite intense!

I picked up Steve Davis in taxi last night too. Didn't notice until I dropped him off :hihi:

Am I the only one who thinks Ronnie O'sullivan vaguely resembles a young Harry H Corbett?

I have noticed Judd Trump is morphing into Jenson Button!

This is actually an important issue for our city and deserves to be treated as such.

I'd be very annoyed if the World Championships were to move to China. Yes they could probably generate more money and bigger venues but that only benefits the 32 players who make it there and not really anyone else. Snooker is an institution in Sheffield and we need to do as much as we can to keep it here. Is it feasible to make it more accessible? How can we keep the BBC interested in keeping it on the TV?

Sheffield would lose a lot of money if it went and to be honest, a bit of an institution.

If you had a conversation with Steve Davis it's a wonder and lucky you didn't fall to sleep at the wheel,zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz:hihi:

Steve's great!

---------- Post added 29-04-2014 at 15:03 ----------

This is actually an important issue for our city and deserves to be treated as such.

I'd be very annoyed if the World Championships were to move to China. Yes they could probably generate more money and bigger venues but that only benefits the 32 players who make it there and not really anyone else. Snooker is an institution in Sheffield and we need to do as much as we can to keep it here. Is it feasible to make it more accessible? How can we keep the BBC interested in keeping it on the TV?

Sheffield would lose a lot of money if it went and to be honest, a bit of an institution.

:thumbsup:

Absolutely. Preston have tried to take it before, and they've just managed to get another snooker tournament back so might try for this again.

http://blogpreston.co.uk/2014/02/from-bangkok-to-preston-city-hosts-snooker-championship-grand-final/

Blimey with Ronnie thrashing Murphy, and Judd beating Robertson, I could end up seeing 2 empty tables tonight! :shocked:

---------- Post added 01-05-2014 at 00:05 ----------

Good game. Ronnie/Shaun was over, so watched Roberston take the win.

£10 to park in town. City on the up!

Last time I go into town.

Both my husband and I love watching the snooker and it's great for the city. I really hope it doesn't move to China. Hoping to get some tickets for the final next year when they are released. I'm 29 and female. Not retired, not Chinese, and not a student.

Come on, Ronnie! :hihi:

Both my husband and I love watching the snooker and it's great for the city. I really hope it doesn't move to China. Hoping to get some tickets for the final next year when they are released. I'm 29 and female. Not retired, not Chinese, and not a student.

Come on, Ronnie! :hihi:

I got tickets for this years final by queuing up on the day they were released. I couldn't believe how many tickets other people in the queue were getting. Thousands of pounds worth from all and every session. It took ages for some of them to get served. They were either buying for their whole street or they were intending to go to every session in the fortnight.

Never been before but it's for my partner's special birthday so I didn't mind spending a few bob.

I believe that children are our future. Unless we stop them now.

I got tickets for this years final by queuing up on the day they were released. I couldn't believe how many tickets other people in the queue were getting. Thousands of pounds worth from all and every session. It took ages for some of them to get served. They were either buying for their whole street or they were intending to go to every session in the fortnight.

Never been before but it's for my partner's special birthday so I didn't mind spending a few bob.

You'll love it taxman. It's nothing like watching on TV at all. Which sessions have you got?