World snooker competition tournament 2014

Have you ever been potted by a black? (Oh dear, there's my potty mouth again) :blush:

Nope, not as far as I can recall. But I'll give it a go if you're offering!

Very true jeffrey, nowt worse than a bad kiss

Esp. if it's from that Russian lothario, Enoff The Red.

I've got my tickets ready. QF1.

I think The Crucible is a great environment and atmosphere for the championship. (might be slight bias though)

Esp. if it's from that Russian lothario, Enoff The Red.

Hey hey, you and BF can both go sh**e. Neither of you good enough to be seen out with me anyway :) Kiss kiss.

S xxx

Have you ever been potted by a black? (Oh dear, there's my potty mouth again) :blush:

:hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

It is so funny

Everybody talks about tour the france coming and questions if Sheffield could be a host for Olympics.

Everyone? Completely false. There have been a few threads on the TDF mostly people complaining. Its never been here before and its never likely to be here again.

Everyone talking about whether Sheffield could host the Olympics? Get real there was one rather naive thread with other people making a joke of it.

If you just gave an honest picture of how, then you might be taken seriously.

In meanwhile there is another snooker worldchampionship in Sheffield and not one little mention of it on forum.

Personally I don't follow snooker and don't care who wins. What does interest me is to find out how comes such a big international competition does not get one mention in sheffields main forum while they are talking about how capable and strong Sheffield is to host Olympics?

It is the biggest such annual tournament and nobody is bothered about it. (I am not bothered either but do appreciate the investments for Sheffield)

Again you are such a false and disingenuous poster dutch always having your little digs at Sheffield. People were not talking about how strong and capable Sheffield was to host the Olympics, quite the opposite and most people were making fun of the idea by postingmock events such as avoid the chuger dash, but carry on making it up as you always do.

If you didnt know they have hosted the world snooker championships in Sheffield since 1977, so that would make it 47th time they have held the competition? This includes when Snooker was at the peak of its popularity in the 80s and early 90s. It's hardly a unique one off event now. Big deal if its not mentioned on the forums as though Sheffield has to take some collective responsibility of shame.

Some people like it, most people are appreciative of the good things it brings to the city, but the Crucible has also played its part in the past of being an excellent venue and is part of snooker history. Sheffield forum does not equal Sheffield. the tournament gets excellent support from the locals and you dont see many empty seats. The Counil also provide as much support as they can letting them take over the space outside including the Winter Gardens.

Why not say something positive about the city for a change.

Edited by 999tigger

Everyone? Completely false. There have been a few threads on the TDF mostly people complaining. Its never been here before and its never likely to be here again.

Everyone talking about whether Sheffield could host the Olympics? Get real there was one rather naive thread with other people making a joke of it.

If you just gave an honest picture of how, then you might be taken seriously.

Again you are such a false and disingenuous poster dutch always having your little digs at Sheffield. People were not talking about how strong and capable Sheffield was to host the Olympics, quite the opposite and most people were making fun of the idea by postingmock events such as avoid the chuger dash, but carry on making it up as you always do.

If you didnt know they have hosted the world snooker championships in Sheffield since 1977, so that would make it 47th time they have held the competition? This includes when Snooker was at the peak of its popularity in the 80s and early 90s. It's hardly a unique one off event now. Big deal if its not mentioned on the forums as though Sheffield has to take some collective responsibility of shame.

Some people like it, most people are appreciative of the good things it brings to the city, but the Crucible has also played its part in the past of being an excellent venue and is part of snooker history. Sheffield forum does not equal Sheffield. the tournament gets excellent support from the locals and you dont see many empty seats. The Counil also provide as much support as they can letting them take over the space outside including the Winter Gardens.

Why not say something positive about the city for a change.

A lot of big threads are merged and active about the tour the france, and a big thread regarding if Sheffield could host Olympics.

Just was really surprised that nobody had mentioned such a big important event as international snooker competition yet, last thread on that was one year ago.

It is not my intention to be taken serious, any intelligent person can see my post are ridiculous and meaningless.

That Olympics post was not really important, just wondered why not one single mention was made about the snooker yet even when it is starting now and nearly sold out.

I did not know international snooker has been here for 47 years, that is really great, a really good thing worth mentioning and now getting some attention here.

Its such a nice sunny day in Sheffield today, unfortunate few people are still feeling grumpy.

Edited by dutch

23+14=37 not 47. doh.

Ok.

Just really happy such a big snooker event is here again and I am going to try to get some tickets. You want to come?

Sheffield is a great place, if you get angry from what I say just don't take it so serious. Sometimes I wonder myself where a lot of nonsense I have put on forum comes from. Like you said it is only an idea that is made fun of.

23+14=37 not 47 doh.

Snooker was very popular in the 80s and early 90s when there were only 4 terrestrial channels and the BBC dedicated many hours to coverage because it was cheap to broadcast. Not as popular these days because people have more leisure options and a lot of the sponsorship money went away when the cigarette companies were not allowed to be sponsors from 2003.

If you hold an event 37 times then it becomes less of a big deal. It may go to china one day, but the crucible has history associated with it and is a unique venue. Many people have grown up watching snooker, with the Steve Davis V Dennis Taylor final being one of the most memorable sporting moments for thus country. Largest post midnight TV auidence ever at 18.5m. One of the most exciting snooker matches ever.

Ok no worries. Think you will find the event is very much part of the yearly cycle in the city. I thought you were being unfair and using stupid examples which were not accurate. It is nice to see that area so active, especially when the sun is out.

Edited by 999tigger

I can tell you know a lot about it, I need to learn about it. Will follow some of it on television when it comes to see what it is like and how it is played. There must be a lot of attention and concentration in this sport.