World snooker competition tournament 2014

It is so funny

Everybody talks about tour the france coming and questions if Sheffield could be a host for Olympics.

In meanwhile there is another snooker worldchampionship in Sheffield and not one little mention of it on forum.

Personally I don't follow snooker and don't care who wins. What does interest me is to find out how comes such a big international competition does not get one mention in sheffields main forum while they are talking about how capable and strong Sheffield is to host Olympics?

It is the biggest such annual tournament and nobody is bothered about it. (I am not bothered either but do appreciate the investments for Sheffield)

Edited by dutch

It is so funny

Everybody talks about tour the france coming and questions if Sheffield could be a host for Olympics.

In meanwhile there is another snooker worldchampionship in Sheffield and not one little mention of it on forum.

Personally I don't follow snooker and don't care who wins. What does interest me is to find out how comes such a big international competition does not get one mention in sheffields main forum while they are talking about how capable and strong Sheffield is to host Olympics?

It is the biggest such annual tournament and nobody is bothered about it. (I am not bothered either but do appreciate the investments for Sheffield)

Maybe because the primary audience for snooker is the retired and students (the Chinese students are mad for Ding), neither of whom are key demographics for SF?

There is a lot of local interest usually if you wonder around town/Tudor Square/Winter Gardens during the tournament. Snooker is also, like cricket, more on the intellectual side of the spectrum, so you don't get the same sort of hysteric supporters like say during a football world cup - it's more the sort of polite buzz you get like during Doc/Fest.

I think a high proportion of ticket buyers are local.

Went last year and considering going again this year, awesome thing to witness. I follow snooker a bit and always follow this tournament (since before I lived in the UK I might add).

Someone told me the Chinese had tried really hard to get this tournament on their soil.

We consider it really special for a place like Sheffield with a main forum that does not care about snooker to get such a big international tournament on board every year.

I have never been tzijlstra and will not say one bad word about snooker because just because I am not interested now does not mean it is no good. Maybe I go one day and love it, I don't know. We went to lyceum for something very different other night.

Always a great atmosphere in the centre of Sheffield during the competition, I hope it stays for many more years.

Been a few times, brilliant atmosphere. Looking forward to it

The snooker is brilliant beyond words. I have tickets for Ronnie's opening match tomorrow morning (which I've actually given to a friend who is need of cheering up so that he can have a day out), semi-final 2 on 3 May and the FINAL FINAL session on bank holiday Monday (5 May).

I'm female, British and definitely not retired. It takes all sorts.

Keep it in Sheffield guys. World Snooker at the Crucible is an institution :)

Solitaire xxx

It usually hits the national news once:

a. something unusual happens; or

b. someone famous loses; or

c. it reaches the quarter-finals.

The snooker is brilliant beyond words. I have tickets for Ronnie's opening match tomorrow morning (which I've actually given to a friend who is need of cheering up so that he can have a day out), semi-final 2 on 3 May and the FINAL FINAL session on bank holiday Monday (5 May).

I'm female, British and definitely not retired. It takes all sorts.

Keep it in Sheffield guys. World Snooker at the Crucible is an institution :)

Solitaire xxx

So, if anyone wants to accompany me to the final, then please do get in touch :) I'm late 40s, in good shape and definitely single. Saves me going on match.com :hihi:

So, if anyone wants to accompany me to the final, then please do get in touch :) I'm late 40s, in good shape and definitely single. Saves me going on match.com :hihi:

Have you ever been potted by a black? (Oh dear, there's my potty mouth again) :blush:

Have you ever been potted by a black? (Oh dear, there's my potty mouth again) :blush:

No, it's just your cue to have a rest.

No, it's just your cue to have a rest.

Very true jeffrey, nowt worse than a bad kiss :(