Sheffield Half marathon 2015?

Ok - I didn't run yesterday but am a runner and am gutted like everyone else about what happened (or not as the case may be).

Absolutely there were major problems with yesterdays race and there will be major meetings and discussions about hat happened to get to the bottom of it all.

BUT - are we prepared to let it go after all all the years previously where people have had great days and great memories - and a massive amount of cash raised for charity?

What I want to see is a full acknowledgement from the organisers of what happened then a promise from them, SCC, the Police and everyone else involved that next years goes ahead and that it will be better managed and the best Sheffield Half ever.

The City deserves it, those who turned out in their thousands, the runners and most of all the charities that need us out there doing it.

I wait to be shot at - but this needs to turn round and sharpish.

I think most people concerned would like to have a successful Sheffield HM next year. They will have to change a lot of things to reassure everyone that 2014 was a one-off. The runners that I know would all be happy to do it again if not next year, then at some point in the future. The major problem will be convincing people from outside the city to come again - unless the publicity for 2014 will encourage people to come expecting to see another disaster!

I think most people concerned would like to have a successful Sheffield HM next year. They will have to change a lot of things to reassure everyone that 2014 was a one-off. The runners that I know would all be happy to do it again if not next year, then at some point in the future. The major problem will be convincing people from outside the city to come again - unless the publicity for 2014 will encourage people to come expecting to see another disaster!

Trying to explain to a non runner (no not a horse:))

SHM is in the in between - It's probably on no-ones bucket list - like London or Rotterdam or Berlin - but it's more than a club race - with a T shirt and a beer at the end.

I guess it will be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

The continued "demands" for refunds just give our sport a bad name. No money back - stuff happens - suppose you had cold or flu and pulled out.

Nah, it's an ideal warm-up for London.

2 weeks before is to close to race it.

Personally, I would like to see a race including both football clubs on the route. This would be unique and the facilities are already there (car parks, loos, PAs, storage, seats, etc).

If they do things right - make the correct changes and communicate effectively as well as offering a good deal on those that ran / were stopped from running this year - they could make next year the most successful SHM in history. There is a lot of support out there for a well run event!