Yorkshire Farmer made it into Fortnum and Mason

What is funny is I know a few who cry like babies when they are point scoring about Halal meat but wont bat an eyelid at foie gras, I wonder why :hihi:

Both are horrific - the poor animals suffer, and it's just so needless! I really don't know how any human being can inflict suffering on another living creature - they must be wired up differently and are missing the empathy part of being a human.

They most certainly should be ashamed - have you seen the barbaric way in which foie gras is produced??? It's horrific for those poor animals, and absolutely no argument can change this....there is a reason a number of large companies and distributors have stopped having anything to do with it.

My OPINION is I disagree with you. I dont know what else I can say to you.

Both are horrific - the poor animals suffer, and it's just so needless! I really don't know how any human being can inflict suffering on another living creature - they must be wired up differently and are missing the empathy part of being a human.

Suffering as in killing something? Mass breading? Battery farming? Enforced fattening? Genetic modification?

The NEED is for food. As I living thing I understand the concept of the food chain. We Animals will kill other animals for for food.

Edited by ECCOnoob

They most certainly should be ashamed - have you seen the barbaric way in which foie gras is produced??? It's horrific for those poor animals, and absolutely no argument can change this....there is a reason a number of large companies and distributors have stopped having anything to do with it.

oh get over yourself:rolleyes: foie gras is absolutely gorgeous and has been produced for hundreds of years, what is more horrific is the Halal process.

its only the overplayed bad publicity that stops large companies selling it, thank goodness it will always be available at smaller outlets.

oh get over yourself:rolleyes: foie gras is absolutely gorgeous and has been produced for hundreds of years, what is more horrific is the Halal process.

its only the overplayed bad publicity that stops large companies selling it, thank goodness it will always be available at smaller outlets.

What is with all the 'get over yourself' comments - it's not an argument, or something that is even physically possible.

I really don't know how you can say Halal is horrific (which I do agree with), but the way Foie Gras is produced isn't - whether it is tastes nice is a totally different issue, but that is one of the most hypocritical statements I've ever read!!

I'm absolutely certain if the same thing was done to you or somebody/something you love you would find it horrific - you're obviously one of those out of sight out of mind folk that don't actually have a care in the world for anything but their own wants and needs.

---------- Post added 27-03-2014 at 15:48 ----------

My OPINION is I disagree with you. I dont know what else I can say to you.

Suffering as in killing something? Mass breading? Battery farming? Enforced fattening? Genetic modification?

The NEED is for food. As I living thing I understand the concept of the food chain. We Animals will kill other animals for for food.

You're right we do have a need for food, but there are many very cruel ways that food is produced that is just not necessary. If people choose to eat meat that is their own choice, but there are ways to prevent the prolonged suffering that some poor animals go through.

Dog meat in China is thought to taste better if the dog is killed when there are high levels of adrenalin pumping through it's system, so they ensure the dog is in a high state of fear when it is killed - if that isn't cruel and unnecessary and just fulfilling some evil myth then I don't know what is.

Mmmm. Duck foie gras (IMHO more flavoursome and less fatty than goose - question of personal taste).

F&M is one of the few places where it can be gotten 'for sure' over here...but theirs is quite poor, tbh. I get mine in Strasbourg, the best foie gras bar none is made in Alsace.

Ran out on New Year's eve, but 4 weeks to go then I'll be able to stock up again :thumbsup:

Edited by L00b

Mmmm. Duck foie gras (IMHO more flavoursome and less fatty than goose - question of personal taste).

F&M is one of the few places where it can be gotten 'for sure' over here...but theirs is quite poor, tbh. I get mine in Strasbourg, the best foie gras bar none is made in Alsace.

Ran out on New Year's eve, but 4 weeks to go then I'll be able to stock up again :thumbsup:

You bad man!

Ps..........Despatch some up to Glasgow.:P

You're absolutely correct, I don't know any other county which promotes itself as much as Yorkshire and all its delights.

http://www.yorkshire.com/

There really is a lot of nice greenaries and fertile land to really make use of. Here's hoping that more produce are going to be as well received as the honey farmer ones. I noticed of late that F&C and Liberties are bringing it back home and selling more of "best of British". I hope it works. Especially if we are going to enter the next phase of doing International Business with other countries too. Here's hoping ! :)

What is funny is I know a few who cry like babies when they are point scoring about Halal meat but wont bat an eyelid at foie gras, I wonder why :hihi:

Bang on cue....

:rolleyes:

You're absolutely correct, I don't know any other county which promotes itself as much as Yorkshire and all its delights.

George Orwell: "A Yorkshireman in the South will always take care to let you know that he regards you as an inferior."

I recently reread that quoted in Pies and Prejudice, a really funny book.