Why do people judge by how they look

Why is it people judge me by how I look . I am blonde & sometimes come across dizzy , but I am a classically trained pianist . I adore , classical music , but people don't believe me . I love Mozart , Chopin , Bach & lots of others , but because I am seen as good looking , they think I must not know what I am talking about . I went to Sheffield Cathedral to listen to a Bach concert & felt like I shouldn't be there .

Are you Valentina Lisitsa. :):)

that's awful , just , because , you , are good looking :mad:

do they do concerts at Sheffield cathedral :huh:

are you sure wasn't the City Hall ?

Yes it was the City Hall , it was a couple of years ago . And we really enjoyed it apart from people looking down their noses at us . It was such a " cliquey " bunch . A woman even told us to shush just because Mum gave me & my brother a tissue when the music bought us to tears. :mad:

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 09:55 ----------

Have your looks been subject to the consensus of public opinion? Have you ever been told you can't appreciate classical music because of them?

Never had a problem at all , my friends didn't believe me when I first told them I am a classically trained pianist . When I asked them why , they said , because you don't look like one . Wonder what they think one is supposed to look like !!

Yes it was the City Hall , it was a couple of years ago . And we really enjoyed it apart from people looking down their noses at us . It was such a " cliquey " bunch . A woman even told us to shush just because Mum gave me & my brother a tissue when the music bought us to tears. :mad:

:hihi::hihi::hihi:

Never had a problem at all , my friends didn't believe me when I first told them I am a classically trained pianist . When I asked them why , they said , because you don't look like one . Wonder what they think one is supposed to look like !!

So the problem isn't with your appearance or the cognoscenti, but with people who aren't familiar with people who perform classical music.

It came up in conversation again?

But they didn't say "because you're blonde and pretty", just that "you didn't look like one".

Why is it people judge me by how I look . I am blonde & sometimes come across dizzy , but I am a classically trained pianist . I adore , classical music , but people don't believe me . I love Mozart , Chopin , Bach & lots of others , but because I am seen as good looking , they think I must not know what I am talking about . I went to Sheffield Cathedral to listen to a Bach concert & felt like I shouldn't be there .

Maybe it just sounds like "pianist ":hihi:

this thread has wind up written all over it :suspect:

Shaznay

I swear it is not a wind up . I couldn't believe my friends telling me I couldn't possibly be a classically trained pianist because I don't look like one . Like I said before I asked them why & they couldn't really explain :help:

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 13:39 ----------

So the problem isn't with your appearance or the cognoscenti, but with people who aren't familiar with people who perform classical music.

YES ! That's so right . I suppose people have pre judged ideas about how they imagine someone who is Classically Trained to appear .

---------- Post added 05-03-2014 at 13:40 ----------

It came up in conversation again?

But they didn't say "because you're blonde and pretty", just that "you didn't look like one".

No they did say that & that is why I couldn't understand their thinking on this . Maybe they think only blokes who look like Professors should be playing ,