Labour Crusties In A Pickle Over PIE

You do no raise the standard of debate by trying to involve members of other political parties in this disgrace.

I would have thought that something like this was above party politics.

But DM do not consider it to be above party politics, did they DM mention convicted tory paedophiles? No they didn't. Perhaps you think tories should not be convicted for being paedophiles? The DM article is nothing more than a slur with unfounded allegations aimed at trying to influence public opinion in the DM's favour ahead of next year's election.

Edited by Mecky

I think it is disgusting the way Harriet Harmann is being smeared by the Daily Mail.

it just goes to prove the old adage - the past is a different place, they do things differently there

Nearly right. I found this on ask.com: The Go-Between is a novel by L. P. Hartley published in 1953. The novel begins with the line "The past is a foreign country: they do things differently there."

But DM do not consider it to be above party politics, did they DM mention convicted tory paedophiles? No they didn't.

So? Is it only permissible to point out problems if you can do it to all political parties at the same time?

Perhaps you think tories should not be convicted for being paedophiles? The DM article is nothing more than a slur with unfounded allegations

These allegations are supported in the article itself - have a read. They give chapter and verse on what was going on.

aimed at trying to influence public opinion in the DM's favour ahead of next year's election.

I somehow doubt you'd whine as much if this was the Guardian trying to get people to vote Labour.

interesting article on the bbc website which gives a bit of historical perspective

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26352378

OMG. To say that people used to wear their stupid hearts on their stupid sleeve is an understatement. No wonder my father spoke of racism when he came to the UK. It is also no wonder my mother shielded me from much harm. I can see their justification to keep my mind, body and soul pure too. Cos this is quite sickening to read, hear, and to see in this day and age.

It seems as if people lacked morality, empathy, and everything is "up for grab and discussion". No wonder some people here mentioned about other members suppressing their liberation, and their freedom of voice.

These are very very naive and very stupid politicians. Very. It also comes across as if the politicians are also pushing the boundaries but have no idea of what is classed as politics.

This is so sick. The Sheffield forum never fails to deliver. I have heard my auntie mentioned that Sheffield used to be a vibrant place, but I would never have thought how corrupt and immoral people truly were. That kind of sexual aggression and power over another who has lesser knowledge and understanding. There seems to be little but no empathy at all. Or that there seems to be this arrogance over every definition of "sexuality". No wonder you couldn't trust your elders, and no wonder some people promotes "independence" so much, or give little but no empathy at all to others.

Now I get why "Mary Whitehouse" dominated the tv in the 80s when I was a child. I never truly understood those jokes. Really.

No wonder those silly but stupid Carry On movies existed, and I never did understand it all. I never did understand why people looked so dramatised and out of touch with reality. It's theatre. It's mockery. Because you couldn't stop it, and you couldn't not allow that "freedom" of speech to exist, so you introduce sarcasm or you introduce a way to mock others, to deter them. But it doesn't stop it, it continues a bad spiral and it goes downhill, dragging down society with them.

:( This is seriously disturbing. No wonder people were against Islam, and why they think other religions were "backwards", cos they truly lacked morality themselves ! No wonder others see Britain as a trashy place, and of loose moral values even when we call ourselves a Christian country. This kind of mockery politics are quite sick. The current day UKIP is actually a bit more switched on in comparison. I just thought to myself whether some politicians were trying to be "that bit cleverer" than really about representing their own constituents ?

No wonder our current situation in politics is where it is. Cos if this is the past, then that is quite ***** to be honest.

I never knew UK was such a crazy place. No wonder Mary Whitehouse was revered, and in comparison those MPs, and those female MPs were SO idiotic and naive. They really did not know what hot water they were getting into. No wonder Queen was so popular and why "sex, rock and roll" was the history of the UK.

It is still *****, and I thought that going to a club against my mother's wishes was radical in my upbringing, but this truly takes the mick.

I thought that the US' politicians have quite a bad history, but in comparison, the MPs of the UK were quite sickening, cos they did not even stand for what they believe in but were trying to tout for votes, and "marketing" their campaign in such a way to gain votes and disturbs the dynamic and social structures. This stinks. No wonder people say that politicians are not believable.

Edited by salsafan

Bago must have moved to Barnsley ;)

LOL she did use the word 'cos' a lot - either that or someone has met their Waterloo

:hihi:

Here's the latest from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376896

The articles says PIE claimed to be a counselling organistion at the time of joining.

"Ms Hewitt said: "NCCL in the 1970s, along with many others, was naive and wrong to accept PIE's claim to be a 'campaigning and counselling organisation' that 'does not promote unlawful acts'"

So my question is this, when was it realised that PIE was not all that it claimed to be? A further question is was PIE a paedophile ring or were there just some members in the organisation who were paedophiles or went on to be one?

Here's the latest from the BBC http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376896

The articles says PIE claimed to be a counselling organistion at the time of joining.

"Ms Hewitt said: "NCCL in the 1970s, along with many others, was naive and wrong to accept PIE's claim to be a 'campaigning and counselling organisation' that 'does not promote unlawful acts'"

So my question is this, when was it realised that PIE was not all that it claimed to be? A further question is was PIE a paedophile ring or were there just some members in the organisation who were paedophiles or went on to be one?

I've been reading about this & apparently in 1977/78 there was an undercover operation by the Met Police into PIE's activities. Further investigations ensued up until 1984, when the group was disbanded.

According to this http://victims-unite.net/2012/10/18/savile-member-of-the-paedophile-information-exchange-an-organisation-which-campaigned-for-the-abolition-of-the-age-of-consent-in-the-uk/ Jimmy Saville was a member of PIE.

If this is true, people must have known for at least 30 years that Saville showed an interest in paedophilia

Edited by Mister M

Responses from the female MPs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376028

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-26376896

Saville's case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-20066529

Reddressing the karmas.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20165466

When I read the above and see how the world was and I did wonder how celebrities live their lives. It is so obvious why, and those who supported them never even questioned what they were doing, and this was actually in the UK. What did people think will happen that they will lose their jobs ??

This is really bad, and so sick. I feel such anger when I read into these kind of articles. I've got a headache right now, and I actually feel like vomitting. That is from being exposed and reading these kind of disgusting things.

Well, I hope the Dailymail and their team is proud of themselves. Why were they not so spot on during those times back in the 1970s ?? Why were people so crazy and let such sick things go on ?

Edited by salsafan

I think it is disgusting the way Harriet Harmann is being smeared by the Daily Mail.

I think its disgusting she was allegedly involved in the promotion of pedophilia,and then not having the decency to admit her mistake and apologize.

I think its disgusting she was allegedly involved in the promotion of pedophilia,and then not having the decency to admit her mistake and apologize.

Do you have a good lawyer?

Do you have a good lawyer?

:loopy:

You did get the allegedly didnt you.