Please can anyone give me advice about our holiday

We were going back to St Ives Bay Holiday Park . That's in Hayle .

I am not ignoring advice at all , I just wanted opinions , but in the end a decision had to be made & we did

That's on the north coast, the worst of the storms hit the south coast.

I am sorry , but I cant for the life of me think , even with the best of intentions get sorted in such a short time. The damage is tremendous . Even the locals have said they cant see things getting sorted for months . So , I know I have made the right decision . It would break our hearts to see our beloved Cornwall so devastated . When Boscastle was hit , it took them years to get back to some kind of normality . So on this scale I feel we are talking years unless the government put much needed money into the work that needs doing

I don't mean to appear rude here but is that not a very selfish approach to take?

Cornwall needs the money from tourists now more than ever and by cancelling your holiday you have deprived them of getting back to normality(well, not you personally but if everyone cancelled then it would)

I just think it is a shame you made the choice you did :(

I am sorry , but I cant for the life of me think , even with the best of intentions get sorted in such a short time. The damage is tremendous . Even the locals have said they cant see things getting sorted for months . So , I know I have made the right decision . It would break our hearts to see our beloved Cornwall so devastated . When Boscastle was hit , it took them years to get back to some kind of normality . So on this scale I feel we are talking years unless the government put much needed money into the work that needs doing

You'd be very surprised how quick businesses can turn things around - they have to in Cornwall, it's no good faffing about waiting for the government to do something, they'll have a long wait. In New York they had some terrible flooding in late October - do you think it took them 3 months to turn it round? The only issue you have is if you were planning on traveling by train as far as I can see. Did you ask for some current pictures?

I don't mean to appear rude here but is that not a very selfish approach to take?

Cornwall needs the money from tourists now more than ever and by cancelling your holiday you have deprived them of getting back to normality(well, not you personally but if everyone cancelled then it would)

I just think it is a shame you made the choice you did :(

I see what you mean & maybe we are being selfish , but I think it would be no fun at all going to places that will more than likely be boarded up . I know we should keep the trade up , but it just doesn't feel right going this time .I think Cornwall needs time to heal now